She FINALLY blocked

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
I was lucky enough to have lived close enough to take lessons with Dave and he told me a story about a kid who after blocking a pitch, stood up and said "Grandpa I blocked it!!!" I have to say I almost did that a couple times when I first learned how to read pitches that need to be blocked. And I'm proud to say that I have a lovely softball-sized bruise on my upper-inner thigh that stopped a runner from advancing!

But guero, keep having your daughter practice those blocks, Dave's way is the best, and people will notice when you have zero passed balls for a whole weekend.

Jul 10, 2011
Rockport, MA
Guero_gordo,

Such a great story! My father would be so proud of your DD. I know I am. A lot of times it just takes one natural block to "accidentally" happen for the lightbulb to go off and then pitch recognition takes over. My father always used say that there is no harder block than the first one.

Please tell her how proud I am of her and how much it meant to me to have you share your story about her dedicating the block to my Dad. It seems like every day that goes by I hear a number of different stories like this and it truly is a blessing, as it continues to keep my Dad alive in my heart. Tell your DD, that no matter how good or bad a game she has, my Dad is right there with her on the field. Tell her to keep showing off those "battle scars". :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish