Shaved Bats - How big is the market?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2013
Illinois
not 100% here, but was told form higher ups in Utrip, that was one of the reasons they changed their logo.
any bat with the new log, that is rolled, will get a crinkle finish to it.
also the end caps cannot be removed, and put back.

Dont know what happens if its shaved

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
You need to pop the end cap to shave a bat, so if a cap cannot be properly replaced a bat can not be shaved.

The site claims to have a proprietary method for removing end caps that will not hurt the cap. I'm sure there is a black market for oem end caps too. i think they have it is rear backwards. They should make them easily removable and watermark the inside of the barrel.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I searched the forum for earlier threads on the topic. LOTS of stuff. At least the part about some bat companies making it easier to detect altered bats is new.

As for the old threads: if for some stupid reason you really, really want to get CoreSoftball20 angry, just suggest he would even consider selling a doctored bat. Hint: he won't sell such a bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
not 100% here, but was told form higher ups in Utrip, that was one of the reasons they changed their logo.
any bat with the new log, that is rolled, will get a crinkle finish to it.
also the end caps cannot be removed, and put back.

Dont know what happens if its shaved

The endcap comment is complete Bullsh!t from whoever you talked to. Association people love to sound like they are some magical, leading the way organization over the others.
As for the shells, you can roll, just not anywhere near as hard. I still have people ask when they buy a bat if they should roll, and I tell them NOOOOO.

Shaving does make the new bats fail compression VERY fast. But if you don't have comp testing, that kinda defeats the purpose.

Why don't you ask that higher usssa guy, why they don't test bats at any of their SP nationals or worlds...nor make any director test at any event? Such a smokescreen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii