Second surgery

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
I was just trying to say in a roundabout way that more goes into it than height. I know that’s not what you were saying, but a lot of people do. Assuming he’s good at basketball is like assuming a short person is good at mini golf. As a tall person who never played basketball I always hated that question.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Tomorrow is DD's second surgery because of softball, she is and will be fine.

Nose is bring fixed so she breath.

What is a non contract she get involved in?

Curling? Apparently they take steroids for that.

Soccer?

I hope your DD heals quickly.

Soccer is NOT non-contact. I know quite a few people who have broken bones and gotten concussions playing soccer. According to my DD's former PT, concussions in soccer are more of a "when" than an "if".

Non-contact - Swimming (not water polo!), bowling, golf, tennis, badminton...

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Tomorrow is DD's second surgery because of softball, she is and will be fine.

Nose is bring fixed so she breath.

What is a non contract she get involved in?

Curling? Apparently they take steroids for that.

Soccer?

I feel for your daughter, I'm still recovering from having broken fingers and a broken hand. I have had a broken nose in my past. It hurts and makes it hard to breathe. Thankfully, I didn't need surgery. I was 12 when I had mine broken. I was getting ready to open a bedroom door when I was trying to find my sister when she opened the door and it slammed into my nose. My nose bled so badly. I think I was in a plaster for a few weeks but the black and blue eyes looked horrible. I'll be praying for your daughter and her surgery and hopefully all goes well.

As far as non contact sports...has your daughter tried doing track, bowling, volleyball, golf or tennis? Did your daughter have concussions that she can't do softball?
With soccer, I definitely wouldn't recommend it. It's definitely not a non-contact sport. A friend who plays soccer had a concussion and a broken leg that needed surgery this past fall. She was recovering from the concussion for the same amount of time she was in a cast (twelve weeks) and I think she still was recovering from it up to about half way through basketball season when she could finally play again.

Apr 28, 2016
My DDs both play/do softball, basketball, soccer, and track, and YDD runs XC. YDD wants to try tennis, but adding another spring sport is impossible.

Of those, track is the only one that is non-contact with softball coming in 3rd right after XC (which can have a lot of pushing and shoving at the start).

Soccer easily has the most contact followed closely by basketball. Girls are rough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles