Screwed Up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
what i see

One other idea for an emergency fix for the weekend, along the line of Ken's "hold the glove on the outside corner" would be maybe moving over to her left on the rubber if everything is running inside?? or at least whenever she is throwing the one that does . . .

Take this for what it's worth but, she's NOT stepping straight. Straight would be push off foot on the line and stride foot landing on the line. Those few inches are making a difference. If I was her coach, the first question I'd ask if I was doing a lesson would be "Did you ever or consistently bang your arm against your hip at delivery?" I'm guessing yes because there's a gap between arm and body. Folks on here call it "B/I" Also from the one angle it looks like she's got a slight lean forward at release. This magnifies the problems in some cases. Remind her to keep her chin behind the bellybutton at release and exaggerate the "B/I" by having her arm come as close as possible to the stomach.

As for the step, 15 minutes a day in front of a mirror. Put masking tape on the floor so she will have a target to land on. If you have her try to worry about the line while practicing, she may look down at the ground instead of forward. But in a mirror, she can see it for herself.

Can she fix it quickly? I don't know. If she was doing things correctly before and just hit a funk then it's likely to spring back with a little muscle memory training. If she's had issues with the arm, the lean, the step out off the line for a while, change will take more time. But try to exaggerate things in the practice to get her close to what you want. Instead of stepping ON the line, have her step over hit (heel landing on it) and that will be her lower half going straighter than it is now which is off to the left.

The "windmill trainer" device would help with this. I sell them in my online store but you can get them elsewhere too. Some people even say they're going to make them but, by the time they go to the store, buy the material, sit down at a machine.... they say screw it and just buy one. Her arm should brush right past and hit the flag.

Bill

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00