Batbusters- Martinez earns PGF Platinum Berth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
So proud of my DD's team. They played in the first 16u game on Friday morning and were still playing in the last game on Sunday night. They were so close to a premiere berth. Were down 0-3 top of 6th, when my DD hit a beautiful slap over 3B head to spark a rally to tie it 3-3. Unfortunately wheels fell off slightly bottom of 6th and we lost 3-4 to the Oregon Rebels. My DD made a beautiful off balance throw home on a bunt with bases loaded that beat the runner by a step and a half, the catcher moved her foot slightly on catching the ball, umpire said she took foot off the plate, ball game. Live I agree with call, though I'll review the video :).

There were different heroes in every game, and my DD made her fair share of plays to put on a highlight video.

We won first game 5-0, came out flat and our SF Bay Area players weren't ready for the heat, lost the 2nd game 1-7.

Then they dug deep and fought their way through the death march. 3 one run victories (including at least 2 TB wins, if not 3), 2 two run victories, and a 1 run loss in last game of the tournament. My wife even got us out of a jam with runners 1st and 3rd, two outs, when she noticed in the bottom of a TB inning the other team reported subbing 20 for 10, but actually 20 replaced 13. Boom.... illegal sub, inning over, we win in the next inning.

They were very loose and having a blast in the last game. They were doing the softball cheers in the dugout I hadn' t heard them do since first year 12's. Warmed the heart.

thumbnail (1).jpg

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
My DD Batbusters team just won their platinum berth this weekend too. After falling into the losers bracket they won 4 in a row. The girls were smoked by the end. Missing 4 players due to high school ball as well. Woot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802