School coach doesn't understand the game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2016
To be clear, five of the runs were scored off of TWO HRs, one was a three-run shot, and the other a two-run shot. Not FIVE homeruns.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
I started on my Varsity baseball team for 3 years. Almost 30 years later, I remember almost zero from that time (other than taking a groundball to the mouth in a playoff game, staying in the game and then having to get stitches after the game..I played with gauze in my mouth the rest of the game LOL)...just saying :LOL: While it may not seem like it now for her (or you perhaps), it isn't that important in the big picture. Stay positive, tell her to have fun..she is playing a game.

Same here. Can't remember a single thing from HS (except for the guys, and that we had a blast).

The one thing I do remember is the one weird year where a certain ex-Reds/Mets all-star / MVP OF was having some tax troubles and needed a job so our school hired him as the head baseball coach. Talk about a guy who couldn't coach...we basically ran the team ourselves, but man he had a hell of an arm, and he told some great stories on the bench...

Anyway, would echo P, yes, tell her to have fun.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Covid19 has changed the natural order of things.

We usually have the "the college softball coach is an idiot" in February, followed by the March call of "the HS coach is an idiot. " After a short respite, there is the June hue and cry of "my TB coach is an idiot".

Perhaps we should have an omnibus "every coach is an idiot all the time" megathread.

May 6, 2015

We usually have the "the college softball coach is an idiot" in February, followed by the March call of "the HS coach is an idiot. " After a short respite, there is the June hue and cry of "my TB coach is an idiot".

Perhaps we should have an omnibus "every coach is an idiot all the time" megathread.

actually, there are two threads needed, one for "the coach is an idiot", another for "the coach is an $%%#^%#^", two distinct categories

Nov 18, 2015
the school put a new hire in charge of the team. She comes from a family where baseball was everything (coach's father was a semi-pro and apparently a long-time coach), which was enough for the school administration to let her be the head softball coach.
Maybe the school was hoping they were getting a packaged deal, and forgot to add the clause "father must attend all games" into the employment contract?

May 29, 2015

Not all the time ... during the game the umpires are idiots. Then, after the game, it's back on the coach.

Mar 28, 2016
Why? I give the players props for listening to their coach, but why in God's name are you stealing bases in the bottom of the 7th when you need EIGHT runs? The team actually has enough good bats where it actually is a possibility that they could have that kind of two-out rally.

I would give the coach a pass. The game was over. How many times have you come back from 8 on your last out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles