Saw a team get robbed.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2012
Dearborn, Mi.
Obviously, you didn't read a thing I wrote.

Oh no, I did. You lost all credibility when you stated:
one single play or call had NEVER decided a game.
and
One screwup by this umpire DID NOT decided this game.

Maybe instead of judging stories off of a small segment of what happened in a game and going the PRO UMP route you'd realize they are human, make mistakes too and as parents/spectators we pay lots of money to watch our girls play ball not to have an ump enforce a rule he has let go several times during a game then call in a crucial time in a game. Because believe me pal one single call can dictate or decide a game....FACT!
Being as this is a thread on 'getting robbed' maybe just maybe people are here to vent and not see you defend.
Had a tourney this weekend where the UMPS were amazing, friendly and knew they weren't the focal point of 16u girls playing a game.

Last edited:
May 18, 2009
You are correct about there not being a must for the warning. I've always seen a warning issued and its still a pretty poor way to end a game. Lets let the players decide the game on the field and not have the ump look to end the game cuz he needs a potty break before his next game.

No offense its ticky tac to wait til the end of the game to call that call!

Here's what happened. Ump calls the play at second that you guys don't like. The fans yell something about the call which pisses blue off. Blue is tired of fans talking smack in the stands. He calls the illegal pitch to end the game because the fans didn't keep their mouths shut.

Feb 9, 2012
Dearborn, Mi.
Here's what happened. Ump calls the play at second that you guys don't like. The fans yell something about the call which pisses blue off. Blue is tired of fans talking smack in the stands. He calls the illegal pitch to end the game because the fans didn't keep their mouths shut.

Amazing! you must have been to that game!

If this is the case he should not be umping. Really, if this were the case a grown man used what a person in the stands (might or might not be a parent/coach/team walking by) said and uses it to finish a game that is going marvelously by the girls on the field. Now that is great umping.

May 18, 2009
Umpires are people to and will call games based on fan and coaching behavior. Remember to treat them right or some calls won't go your way because Blue became biased toward your team. I've seen this same situation repeated numerous times both for and against my DD's team.

Feb 9, 2012
Dearborn, Mi.
Umpires are people to and will call games based on fan and coaching behavior. Remember to treat them right or some calls won't go your way because Blue became biased toward your team. I've seen this same situation repeated numerous times both for and against my DD's team.

Of course but according to some unrealistic people around here..."rules are rules"and they only call the game by the letter of the law. Which we all know is not always true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtp1221