Sabella Skills hitting video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2017
I was told hitting video should be more practice settings. Should I add a side view camera in the cage? Or should I just focus on Tee swings? Would love input on hitting mechanics and areas she can grow. Thanks!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I hate those kinda machines. Her stride looks a little wide/long and she missing out on front side resistance. Hard to tell, need side view but her front hip should be losing ground/turn away from pitcher.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Interesting. What is front side resistance? What is it resisting?
Resisting lateral slide. It kinda happens naturally. Basically the belt loop on her lead hip should move away from the pitcher so she is rotating around her spine. Not the rear hip socket or the front hip socket. Notice her front leg staying soft. Also draw a line on her backside. She comes out of her posture a little early. Swing is a little lazy looking. Might be because of the machine. I think there is more in the tank. More suddenness. More speed, More power.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Resisting lateral slide. It kinda happens naturally. Basically the belt loop on her lead hip should move away from the pitcher so she is rotating around her spine. Not the rear hip socket or the front hip socket. Notice her front leg staying soft. Also draw a line on her backside. She comes out of her posture a little early. Swing is a little lazy looking. Might be because of the machine. I think there is more in the tank. More suddenness. More speed, More power.

I don’t condone hip or leg actions. I want those to be reactions to other things. There’s a few out of posture swings. But certainly not close to a majority for it to be a flaw imo. Sometimes timing won’t allow perfect posture. The ‘lazy’ comment could be perceived as ‘effortless’ maybe? Is that a good thing? Doesn’t look like she’s trying very hard, I agree. I tend to like that. Depends on what else is attached. I pretty much like whats attached.

May 20, 2017
I think , for what it’s worth, a very nice swing that‘s adjustable to the pitch. What are you looking to improve upon? Is there something she struggles with in live hitting?
The rise! He first initial move was down so hard to catch up to the height. So she started working on turning high to start high and adjust down. These machines are tricky and some balls move similar to rise thought it would be good practice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi