Question about team entry fees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It seems like the only tourney that are not PAP are the national type tourneys, but they are way more expensive than you regular weekend tourney. The longer format games such as 90 min games cost more too. $40 or more a game.

May 23, 2018
Sounds like the TD has a habit of not paying umpires. Everything is COD Chuck Berry style
From my experience, teams love the PAP. Usually the, the entry fees are
Much cheaper than a fixed fee and fundamentally fairer that one large fee. If a team enters a tournament and they aren’t that good, then it’s fundamentally unfair for them to pay the same as a super team. Weaker teams are ecstatic to pay the additional fees - it means they’re still in it. What we do for our tournaments is that we do PAP until the finals, which are untimed. The tournament director pays the finals

May 6, 2015
yes, I have never heard in our area of teams charging families per tournament, rather it is built in to season's cost. Exception might be rec all staar teams that register for a couple of travel tournaments only

Mar 28, 2020
In Texas a vast majority of the tournaments are this payment format. It makes it difficult to estimate seasonal fees since you could play 4 pools and be eliminated in first bracket (5 games), or you could go deep in a double elimination and play 7-8 games. And forget about it if you get knocked to loser bracket early, but your team wakes up and makes it to finals (10-12 games).

So when I see the $35 PAP is that for both officials or do we pay $70? We are really trying to figure out an yearly cost. We're basing our cost on 6 games a tournament knowing that in the beginning we most likely will not get out of pool play, but if the girls do like they have every season....improve...by the end fall we hope to be going 7 deep. $35 total is a different number from $70.....a huge difference.....we are in North Dallas area

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
So when I see the $35 PAP is that for both officials or do we pay $70? We are really trying to figure out an yearly cost. We're basing our cost on 6 games a tournament knowing that in the beginning we most likely will not get out of pool play, but if the girls do like they have every season....improve...by the end fall we hope to be going 7 deep. $35 total is a different number from $70.....a huge difference.....we are in North Dallas area

each Team pays one ump. So $35 per Team per game in this scenario. When you approach umps for pregame meeting, hand one of them $35 (I always bring exact change). They will typically want the money before they collect your lineup card.

May 1, 2018
each Team pays one ump. So $35 per Team per game in this scenario. When you approach umps for pregame meeting, hand one of them $35 (I always bring exact change). They will typically want the money before they collect your lineup card.
FYI this has moved to $40 per now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1