Pure barrels or cut!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I'm not playing "what is missing" :). Can you not see the difference.. specifically when isolating the hands and what they are doing?
Just repeat what you have said about what is missing from Trout that then when added in gives a HL barrel path and then answer whether or not that stuff is also missing in TM's demo. Shouldn't be hard unless you don't want to discuss...

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I have answered my question many times. If people want the truth they need to find out themselves. They may or may not agree.. makes no difference to me. Just trying to shine some light on what I believe the pros mean by "down to", best way to understand that is to try it yourself. Many are very dismissive when it comes "down to" and because of that they could potentially really be missing out here. I am not trying to validate what I am saying but asking others to experiment.
Well you keep asking same question...again...again
And have passed by or ignored others good points..
Thought perhaps a simple answer from you may have...
Moved the conversation forward!

Will say much of videos contradict verbage and results...
that may be the underlying points in this discussion.

May 12, 2016
Well you keep asking same question...again...again
And have passed by or ignored others good points..
Thought perhaps a simple answer from you may have...
Moved the conversation forward!

Will say much of videos contradict verbage and results...
that may be the underlying points in this discussion.
What questions do I keep asking and again
What good points have I ignored

My advice for you, be more specific.

What does this mean, what are you referring to?
"Will say much of videos contradict verbage and results...
that may be the underlying points in this discussion."

May 12, 2016
I have stated several times that I don't follow TM. If you have questions about his thoughts, I would suggest you ask him directly.

I liked @RichK post because I respect his opinion, and I thought he made some good points in his post. I have liked some of your posts for similar reasons. There are times you make good points, and there are other times when you try to beat a dead horse after it has been beaten dozens of times already.
FP, I don't care if you follow him or not, I did not say you did. You didn't bring him into the picture, I'm just commenting on content that has been posted in thread. You think I'm beating a dead horse, then why are you responding? I'd imagine for the same reason I am, because the horse is not dead..LOL. I'm not the cause of everyone of these discussions, but generally I contribute, just like you do.

May 12, 2016
RAD,

Just an FYI. The man in the yellow shirt is Richard Schenk. Years ago he participated in several of these hitting forums under the name Teacherman (TM). He was involved in many arguments over the years, and hurt some feelings along the way. He has been away from the forums for a couple of years now, but some still have resentment towards him and they continue to talk about him. It's almost like a crusade for them. Anyway, Rich now works with several minor league and major league players, including Aaron Judge.
For the record, I wasn't here when TM was. Or at least I didn't know he existed on this site. So whatever resentment FP is referring to here, you can leave me out of that group. For the record, I think he acts like an rear, but when I speak about him here in this thread I'm referring to what he teaches not the man himself

radness

Dec 13, 2019
What questions do I keep asking and again
What good points have I ignored

My advice for you, be more specific.

What does this mean, what are you referring to?
"Will say much of videos contradict verbage and results...
that may be the underlying points in this discussion."
See that, you passed by part of the conversation or missed it.

No worries julray!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
RAD,

Just an FYI. The man in the yellow shirt is Richard Schenk. Years ago he participated in several of these hitting forums under the name Teacherman (TM). He was involved in many arguments over the years, and hurt some feelings along the way. He has been away from the forums for a couple of years now, but some still have resentment towards him and they continue to talk about him. It's almost like a crusade for them. Anyway, Rich now works with several minor league and major league players, including Aaron Judge.
Thanks for the info.
Now can put video to the name/TM.

Not certain if that was a do this or dont,
But if thats a drill i would say,
"no thankyou!" ;) nicely!

May 12, 2016
Just repeat what you have said about what is missing from Trout that then when added in gives a HL barrel path and then answer whether or not that stuff is also missing in TM's demo. Shouldn't be hard unless you don't want to discuss...
Picture tells a thousand words, with all due respect pattar, take a look at the video I posted, you shouldn't have any trouble seeing the difference .. again just speaking about the isolating hand movement here

gif (22).gif gif (21).gif

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
RAD,

Don't follow TM because the 1st thing I saw was potential life-long injury due to taking everything to the extreme much like many of the fast pitch instructors.

Jun 8, 2016
Picture tells a thousand words, with all due respect pattar, take a look at the video I posted, you shouldn't have any trouble seeing the difference .. again just speaking about the isolating hand movement here

View attachment 18928 View attachment 18929
Not asking about the hand path, I see those differences in the demos. I am asking you whether what is missing from Trout's demo, which you say when added in gives a HL path, is also missing from TM's demo/demos. Simple question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors