Pull hitting bad?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I've been working on my tee for some time now and I used to hit them straight to center or center right or center left. Now all my swings result into huge line drives to left field or homeruns over left field fence. My daddy says that I need to learn to hit to right and center more often. Im right handed by the way. These swings started going to left after I started doing core exericise and started working out (off season training). I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I don't think my swing has changed in this last week.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Either your position to the tee has changed or your swing has changed. Core exercises in and of themselves would not make you pull the ball. Pitch location should be the biggest determinating factor on where you hit. If you are pulling everything you won't be as successful as you could be.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
without seeing your swing and you MAY NOT be doing this, though I would caution you to be careful NOT to let your front hip fly open too early, or you will start seeing (at least from good coaches) low-away pitches that you can't reach if you fly open too fast (early front hip will allow you to drive a middle to inside pitch, BUT low and outside is going to be much harder to reach.
*** Coaches/catchers/pitchers are looking at yuor mechanics to see what pitches/location are best to take advantage of weaknesses. (NOBODY wants to pitch to your strength, so I wouldn't come in on you until you cheated the plate.)
Something to consider.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Maybe your core work means you're turning quicker and getting the bat into the zone sooner.

If you're hitting huge line drives and home runs, what is the issue? Assuming the line drives are going for extra bases, tell your Daddy to have a Coke and a smile and enjoy the fireworks. :)

Okay. today after considering everthing yall said I've came up with this: somehow for some reason I have two swings. My first swing is stepping into the ball.(picking foot up) my other swing is just smal stepping into ball (small placement of foot wider before swing). Also I was standing like in the back of the tee cuz that's how someone showed me to hit from a tee. But today I got right in front of it and it came out better. I will post videos soon cause I know this i probably hard to understand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish