Pro Cut

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 10, 2010
Has anyone heard of the procut hitting device? Is it useful? Can I post the link in here foryou guys to see?

Does the extra weight at the bottom force the hands to work more efficiently? I am not sure I see the benefit to this device, but I saw somewhere that the Whip Hit and the ProCut are two devices no coach should be without. I plan to purchase a WhipHit soon. I have made one, but not sure it is correctly made, so figured I would get the real deal. Especially after reading tons of stuff by Hitter on the use of it.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
We use the pro cut and the Edge gloves. It keeps the weight at the hands, and doesn't effect the hand path. I like the Edge gloves better , because we use them to throw, along with hitting.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Has anyone heard of the procut hitting device? Is it useful? Can I post the link in here foryou guys to see?

Does the extra weight at the bottom force the hands to work more efficiently? I am not sure I see the benefit to this device, but I saw somewhere that the Whip Hit and the ProCut are two devices no coach should be without. I plan to purchase a WhipHit soon. I have made one, but not sure it is correctly made, so figured I would get the real deal. Especially after reading tons of stuff by Hitter on the use of it.

Nor10

I like the Pro Cut weights and the Edge Weighted batting gloves. My kids prefer the weight at the hands and feel it helps train the hand path faster once they understand it. I do not like the donuts or weighted sleeves as for me it puts too much centripetal force in the wrists for me and does not feel correct when you swing your game bat.I find it more difficult to get to bat lag with the sleeves or donuts especially when trying to learn the proper hand path. In fact in on the on deck circle you can not swing, to the best of my knowledge, a weighted bat not approved by ASA. So I have my hitters do a hand over drill on their last three swings so they get to extension just before they step into the batters box. Turn your top hand upside down so the back of the top hand is facing you with the thumb down. As you swing you pull the bat out of your top hand and lead with the lead arm elbow to extension and finish over the shoulder. Most girls give up on the ball as they make contact and roll the wrists or fold over with the lead arm elbow and finish between their shoulder and neck.

I am also the co inventor of the WhipHit so I know exactly how it was made and what it was designed for. Most of the home made ones stretch too far as to rope length and the ball will come apart because it is not molded to the rope. I am not an agent or representative of or for the product, so any thing I say has no bearing on any liability or use of the product and any product information or concerns should go through the WhipHit web site as it is just my opinion as a consumer. If you go to the WhipHit web site you will see a 12 year old boy using the device and quite well in my opinion as he has been coming here for about a year now. I am bouncing hard balls off a tennis racket and he is driving them up the middle.

We put the Pro Cut on the WhipHit and most of the kids like that feeling and we use the 8 and 11 ounce Pro Cut weights.

Thanks Howard

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pfpsoftball1028