Post Pics of DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Softballdad97, What state are you in and what the heck kind of diamond is that? I am referring to the grass next to home plate. I mean there is no batters box, the plate is a couple of inches out of the ground and it appears that there is grass all around. Your girls need a ball field. :)

Jun 4, 2010
A, A
10yr DD hitting
Jennica..jpg
Catching
jenn catching..jpg
7yr DD hitting(filling in on older DD team)
Madi..jpg
And my favorite non action shot cheering on other team from org.
checking out the&#32.jpg

Mar 13, 2010
Softballdad97, What state are you in and what the heck kind of diamond is that? I am referring to the grass next to home plate. I mean there is no batters box, the plate is a couple of inches out of the ground and it appears that there is grass all around. Your girls need a ball field.

Hah, you should see my grounds. All grass. It hurts my heart. I have to pitch on mats (it's OK though, I'm tearing every one)

It's worse because my home association has 12 skinned diamonds. So I went from the best softball grounds in my state, to soccer fields.

Loving all the pictures!

Oct 27, 2009
Softballdad97, What state are you in and what the heck kind of diamond is that? I am referring to the grass next to home plate. I mean there is no batters box, the plate is a couple of inches out of the ground and it appears that there is grass all around. Your girls need a ball field.

Amy, There is a lot of demand for the fields in the Chicago-land area, and unfortunately the occasional tournaments are not always played on the best fields, especially at the younger levels. Many travel ball tournaments are fun raisers and are played on various park district, middle and elementary school fields. High School Varsity fields are hard to come by and normally off limits. Some of the more prestigious tournaments are played on better facilities. Our home town fields are nice but it can be hit or miss going to some tournaments. At least we're out their playing and learning to get to the older and higher levels and that's what really matters.

Nov 30, 2010
Here is DD#1 in HS and fall ball 18u. /Users/worstmom/Desktop/P1040456.JPG/Users/worstmom/Desktop/Nora1.JPG

Attachments

• P1040456..jpg
    P1040456..jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Nora1..jpg
    Nora1..jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
softballdad, Thanks. I was thinking that you were going to say NYC, but Chicago makes sense. We never saw those kinds of diamonds in Central IL., at all. I played all my life in IL.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
What age groups Big Momma? We played the Chi-Town express 12u a couple times last year. DD#3 looks a bit big for a 12u but if memory serves correctly half that team looked like they could have driven themselves to the fields. I gotta see if I can find the picture of my 3rd baseman at bat against them. She was still shorter than the catcher when she was in her crouch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45