Gift IDEAS that aren't cheesy, overdone and don't suck

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2013
Silly me - I volunteered to coordinate the senior class gift to each of their high school coaches. I need ideas. We have a female HC & AC and then a male AC. They have been coaches for quite a while - so all that "coachy" type stuff has been done. Lots. But my question is - do coaches like getting more new plaques or pics or mugs or tumblers or WHAT?? I mean - we always get daughter's TB coaches booze or smokes (yeah one smoked), LOL but that was our personal gift and, well although I'm sure the coaches often need a drink I can't do that - at least I don't think I can? Do I do something personal to each coach and if so what? A t-shirt?

What about something the seniors can do to leave a mark on the field? Like are there things you have heard of or you have done to leave a lasting impression? This is a public school program that is underfunded for sure.

Seriously though if you have coached what was your favorite gift? If you have given a gift and the coach flipped out what did you give them? What ideas do you have for me?

May 17, 2012
A softball signed (include your #) and dated by the players would be my choice. I don't need anything else.

If you absolutely have to give something of monetary value I would suggest gift cards so I can regift them to those that tolerate me (assistant coaches, scorekeepers, etc.).

Aug 10, 2020
Silly me - I volunteered to coordinate the senior class gift to each of their high school coaches. I need ideas. We have a female HC & AC and then a male AC. They have been coaches for quite a while - so all that "coachy" type stuff has been done. Lots. But my question is - do coaches like getting more new plaques or pics or mugs or tumblers or WHAT?? I mean - we always get daughter's TB coaches booze or smokes (yeah one smoked), LOL but that was our personal gift and, well although I'm sure the coaches often need a drink I can't do that - at least I don't think I can? Do I do something personal to each coach and if so what? A t-shirt?

What about something the seniors can do to leave a mark on the field? Like are there things you have heard of or you have done to leave a lasting impression? This is a public school program that is underfunded for sure.

Seriously though if you have coached what was your favorite gift? If you have given a gift and the coach flipped out what did you give them? What ideas do you have for me?
If you're looking for a joke gift, on amazon there is a blank journal and on the cover, it says "Things I'd Like to Say to my Players but I can't" We have used it instead of a card.

Otherwise, gift cards.

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, good point, guess I was looking at it as if I were buying them the glove? I know I would like it if I were buying me a glove, I’d buy myself a 44 Pro or a Rico! 😉
Got it….44=bad..you only had to tell me once 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812