Poor sportsmanship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2009
"Huffman baserunner Kylie George, center, gets an elbow from Needville catcher Megan Crosby as she tries to score in the bottom of the 5th inning of their Class 4A UIL Softball State Championship final at McCombs Field in Austin on Saturday, June 6, 2015"
-as quoted in the Houston Chronicle.

In case any future coaches want to put a name with a face.

Oct 3, 2009
Going to put my foot in my mouth now as I am very uncomfortable reading this. We know the catcher...as a matter of fact, she is on our travel ball team. She is a VERY sweet young lady, great player...and I have NEVER seen her do this in all the games we have watched her play (in travel ball, that is). I don't know whole story...just bits and pieces...but I am not going to fuel the already lit fire. Just going to say she is a a great young lady and player, and that I have not seen her display this behavior ever. Not that it matters...guessing the damage is done. :(

I am just curious, you mention bits and pieces. What potential justification exists for what she did?

IDK, the first one the runner was going to run her over. 2nd one might have been a reaction to that. I do not understand how the coach gets sucked into this conversation.
The first one maybe I could see as the girl did brush up pretty close to her. The second one was without question on purpose (which means the first one more than likely was, too) as the catcher calls for the ball and tries to get the girl out after she clotheslined her.

Going to put my foot in my mouth now as I am very uncomfortable reading this. We know the catcher...as a matter of fact, she is on our travel ball team. She is a VERY sweet young lady, great player...and I have NEVER seen her do this in all the games we have watched her play (in travel ball, that is). I don't know whole story...just bits and pieces...but I am not going to fuel the already lit fire. Just going to say she is a a great young lady and player, and that I have not seen her display this behavior ever. Not that it matters...guessing the damage is done. :(
I don't think any of this means that Megan is now not a sweet young lady, great young lady or great player.

I just means she clotheslined a couple of opponents. :D

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
revised opinion from evil catcher with bad parents to potentially evil baserunner with bad parents, all I know for sure is I still don't like Texas..."She throwed an elbow at her"!?!?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
First time
image.jpg
image.jpg

Second time
image.jpg
Catchers left foot is on the line and she doesn't have her gloves up to receive the throw.

Best I could pull from YouTube to my iPad. But, as was already said, seeing the second one makes the first one obvious.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Was the video removed? I did not get a chance to see it, but sounds like the player and the coach should have been ejected.

Oct 3, 2009
As I said, I am not going to fuel the fire. She doesn't deserve this rap.

I totally understand. In the internet age, snippets of video taken out of context can be very misleading that is why I asked. But I respect the fact you do not want to fuel the fire. I just know things can seem totally different when put in the proper context. Having said that, without that context those snippets look VERY bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1