Poor pitch calling

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I watch the pitching coach at UofA and she has a big binder. She is sitting there writing down the batter, what she called, what was thrown, the location, the count and the outcome.

It is all I can do to keep the count, straight. I do know though, if a certain batter smacked one to the wall or not.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
our coach ONLY calls fastball down the middle. dd has shaken him off,and he still sends the same pitch back in. she has told him she doesn't like throwing that pitch because she is worried about her safety? even has asked if she can throw her change up and curve? and this is at an elite level of 14u softball. (supposedly)... we are just counting the weeks till season ends. but stinks wasting all this money

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
our coach ONLY calls fastball down the middle. dd has shaken him off,and he still sends the same pitch back in. she has told him she doesn't like throwing that pitch because she is worried about her safety? even has asked if she can throw her change up and curve? and this is at an elite level of 14u softball. (supposedly)... we are just counting the weeks till season ends. but stinks wasting all this money

The terms down the middle and elite level are mutually exclusive.