POLL~ my daughter doesn't like a couple players on the team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Doesn't like couple players quit team?

• Yes, good reason to quit a team

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No, not good reason to quit a team

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters
Aug 31, 2020
My daughter has brought this type of thing up a couple of times over the years. You're never going to get 10-12 girls together who will all be best friends, it's just not going to happen. As long as the team can get along on the field - ball is ball, it's about the game. You don't have to be "friends" with any of them, just be good teammates.

Oct 4, 2018
absolute no-brainer. It's game, you're supposed to be having fun, it's HER decision.

I agree here.

I certainly don't like quitting, and if we do we do it correctly. Talk to coach, address the issue, wait for the season to end (if that's best for the team), etc.

However, this is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun, why on Earth are you doing it? I'm not going to force my kid to continue a crappy experience. My opinion on this is biased to my girls, who can get along with anyone and don't mind if they aren't besties with everyone. So there simply hasn't been a time when they've not liked girls on the team. But if there were mean girls, girls insulting other girls, etc. Yeah, we leave the team.

May 27, 2013
Sure, why not? If you can make the situation better for yourself you should do so.

Eh I think it’s a balance. If it’s a well-paying job with great bennies and one co-worker is a problem? I have a talk with them myself to try and sort it out. I don’t automatically go looking for a new job.

I think we’ve lost the art of doing that by being quick to either complain about it to a boss or quitting.

Oct 4, 2018
Eh I think it’s a balance. If it’s a well-paying job with great bennies and one co-worker is a problem? I have a talk with them myself to try and sort it out. I don’t automatically go looking for a new job.

I think we’ve lost the art of doing that by being quick to either complain about it to a boss or quitting.

Agreed.

Many factors involved with having/finding the best job. But sometimes people are so set on a "you shouldn't ever quit" philosophy, and that can be unhealthy. Quitting, as I'm sure you know, can often be the best move.

Jun 18, 2023
No one's saying quit your job to work at McDonalds or quit a great team to play for the a crappy pick-up league team, but if you're on a team/job/relationship/etc that is displeasing and you see something else that meets your criteria for a team/job/relationship/etc?

it's a no-brainer.

Why suffer if you don't have to? Obviously if the problem is they like EVO and you don't, and they keep wanting to sing the lyrics...maybe that's not enough to upend things. It's all a balance. But don't be afraid of change. Not everything has to be a struggle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks