POLL~ Have you ever went to overhand throwing lessons?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Went to overhand throwing lessons

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
May 13, 2023
2) The softball is too big for smaller girls' hands, so they push the ball. That is why Nor Cal switched from the 11" to 10" ball for 8u about 8 years ago, and So Cal has used the 10" ball in 8u for a long time.
Wonder how that is across the nation?

I took my DD to see Austin Wasserman just before she turned 9 because a couple of coaches were worried, she would hurt her arm because she threw so hard, and it wasn't the way they had been taught to teach throwing.
This is a conundrum people encounter. Difference of opinion on mechanics. Since you followed through with the Wasserman feedback...
Can you please share the difference between what the coaches taught and what your daughter was doing that Wasserman said was correct.

I wanted confirmation from an expert she was throwing correctly, and Austin said she was throwing 99 percent right.
✔️👍

Nov 26, 2020
My DD went to the Wasserman facility for two months. They didn't just do throwing mechanics but also full body workouts. Each session was 1 1/2 hours. It was amazing and we wouldn't have stopped but the drive was not sustainable. We signed up initially to improve her throwing mechanics which it did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles