POLL~ does Fastpitch need more effective pitchers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

More effective pitchers

• YES

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • NO

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
May 18, 2019
I think there are way too few truly good pitchers for the number of quality hitting teams. I watched a lot of games at PGF nationals in the premier bracket and while a lot kids had decent velo, there were few that could throw hard, hit spots, and had good movement on multiple pitches. I attribute this to the fact that by 14U, you need 5+ years of consistent, near year around work, a great coach (which are in short supply), parents with time and probably some money, and some natural aptitude.

Just really hard to get all those ingredients simultaneously.

Mar 29, 2023
Any or All of these can be
Yes or No
My initial gut reaction is that 6 pitchers just seems challenging from a supply/demand of game time perspective, especially given the effort required to be a pitcher (e.g. tremendous amount of work on a skill to rarely use it in-game if playing time isn't there). That said, baseball teams have a boat load of pitchers, so maybe not.

May 13, 2023
My initial gut reaction is that 6 pitchers just seems challenging from a supply/demand of game time perspective, especially given the effort required to be a pitcher (e.g. tremendous amount of work on a skill to rarely use it in-game if playing time isn't there). That said, baseball teams have a boat load of pitchers, so maybe not.
For those that are wanting pitch counts they will have to deal with a larger pitching roster. Like baseball.

There are many many teams in Fastpitch that are not competitive and a lot of that has to do with ineffective pitching.

Just sharing that even if teams kept their pitching staff around 3 if they were all equally an asset the teams would be more competitive.
( instead of riding #1 and burning them out)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00