POLL~ does Fastpitch need more effective pitchers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

More effective pitchers

• YES

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • NO

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
May 13, 2023
POLL~ do you think Fastpitch needs more effective pitchers?
Yes or No

What say the POLL ?!?!

Enjoy 🥳

Jun 8, 2016
Yes increasing the number of effective pitchers would make for a more competitive environment once that number gets to a point where the OU's of the world cannot just hoard them all.

That said I do think that more teams are competitive now then there have ever been..even at the TB level...and that's even with the ridiculous pricetag associated with much of it..

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
Yes increasing the number of effective pitchers would make for a more competitive environment
✔️👍
That said I do think that more teams are competitive now then there have ever been..even at the TB level...and that's even with the ridiculous pricetag associated with much of it..
Yes also think there are more teams then there have ever been and that should/does include more competitive teams.
However there is a competitive disparity amongst all those teams that is noticeable.
For that could say there are a lot more less than competitive teams.

Jun 8, 2016
✔️👍

Yes also think there are more teams then there have ever been and that should/does include more competitive teams.
However there is a competitive disparity amongst all those teams that is noticeable.
For that could say there are a lot more less than competitive teams.
You can have both more competitive teams and a bigger disparity between top and bottom...they are not mutually exclusive. The latter (at the TB level) is partly due to kids traveling halfway across the country to play for teams (which has a similar effect as the top teams in college getting top talent from the portal) nowadays along with some kids entering the TB realm who don't belong there..

In any case having more kids who are really good (pitchers included) is always a good thing.

Apr 8, 2019
I always appreciate when Rad stirs the pot a little to get a conversation started. But I'm not sure how to answer this one.

Do we need more pitchers? To what end? To make the game more interesting to watch, or more fun to play? In order to make the game more popular?

My guess is that most people's knee jerk reaction would be yes, we do need more. But if that's the case, why the hell did they move the rubber back 3ft and use a yellow ball? It seems like reversing those rules would immediately increase the number of effective pitchers.

I'd also argue that the game is pretty competitive already. Of course OU dominates, but pitching is far from the only reason. They get the best players at every position.

Jun 8, 2016
But if that's the case, why the hell did they move the rubber back 3ft and use a yellow ball? It seems like reversing those rules would immediately increase the number of effective pitchers.
Effective is relative..the best pitchers would still be the best pitchers if nothing else changed..Yes most pitchers would be more "effective" from a statistical perspective if they went back to 40 ft and a white ball but would the game be any more competitive?? If instead you increased the number of effective pitchers (for the given rule set) then yes that would make for a more competitive game..

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019
MN
Just one angle to this, but I find it enjoyable when the JMU's of the world can make a storied run because they have an Oddici Alexander.
Unfortunately, I think that will be tougher to find with loose transfer rules and NIL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00