Playing dirty? Totally fair?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

vol

Dec 10, 2015
To the person posting the video - have you discussed this with your coach, the other coach and the runner's parents? The issue should have been resolved by the end of the weekend. I was there at that same tournament, this was a two day tournament and this happened in the first 8am game on day one. There was plenty of time to find the opposing coaches and parents and sort it out, talk to the girls and come to a resolution. The only reason this should be posted on this open public forum is that if you did that, if you tried to reach out to the coach and parents and really talked to them and the coach and parents said "go F yourself" and threatened to get violent with you. Then take it to the world wide web. If someone posted a video like this regarding my 10u daughter and asking the internet to effectively stone her and her coaches to death without first coming to me I would have major major issues with it.

There was more than enough time to seek out the parties involved, discuss it privately and figure out a solution. Getting on a message board and posting a video of a 10u girl and getting everyone worked up and calling her names is more offensive than the play at hand.

Jun 12, 2015
Read my post. I didn't call anyone names, nor did I ask anyone to stone anyone to death, figuratively or literally. We video all our games. There are a billion softball games all over YouTube. If they're doing something they don't want on video they should probably stop doing it.

Aug 6, 2013
To the person posting the video - have you discussed this with your coach, the other coach and the runner's parents? The issue should have been resolved by the end of the weekend. I was there at that same tournament, this was a two day tournament and this happened in the first 8am game on day one. There was plenty of time to find the opposing coaches and parents and sort it out, talk to the girls and come to a resolution. The only reason this should be posted on this open public forum is that if you did that, if you tried to reach out to the coach and parents and really talked to them and the coach and parents said "go F yourself" and threatened to get violent with you. Then take it to the world wide web. If someone posted a video like this regarding my 10u daughter and asking the internet to effectively stone her and her coaches to death without first coming to me I would have major major issues with it.

There was more than enough time to seek out the parties involved, discuss it privately and figure out a solution. Getting on a message board and posting a video of a 10u girl and getting everyone worked up and calling her names is more offensive than the play at hand.

First of all not sure any one called the girl names She is 10 and innocently doing what her coaches taught her to do.
As for the coaches I will stand by my assessments of them - anyone who teaches 10 year olds to plow through defenseless players is All Kinds of Wrong

If you are defending this sort of play perhaps you should re evaluate you level of humanity - my guess is you are defending it because you have told a girl or two it's ok run in to players and hurt them. Is that what you really want to condone?

vol

Dec 10, 2015
First of all not sure any one called the girl names She is 10 and innocently doing what her coaches taught her to do.
As for the coaches I will stand by my assessments of them - anyone who teaches 10 year olds to plow through defenseless players is All Kinds of Wrong

If you are defending this sort of play perhaps you should re evaluate you level of humanity - my guess is you are defending it because you have told a girl or two it's ok run in to players and hurt them. Is that what you really want to condone?

There were posts here before calling her a "thug" and saying she would be a "juvenile delinquent." Maybe the posters edited their post to remove that.

Jul 4, 2012
I would say the org needed to be shamed into having a chat with the coaches. The first base coach is pointing at F3 clearly (at least to me) that he's encouraging contact to advance a base through an obstruction call. The Thunderbolts org is very good in bother talent and professionalism. My oldest DD has played against them. Unfortunately, the original poster said someone from the organization defended the action. I'm guessing the coach nor the org meant to run her over, but now there's some attention on here and in the GA forum.

Jun 12, 2015
Yeah, the coach defended it, and the girl's dad. He threatened to sue me for slander so I took the video down. lol. I mean, it's not slander; it's not even libel, it's just a video of what actually happened. But he asked me to delete it so I did. That's why the link won't work anymore. I really thought the coach was pointing at her as well. Honestly the lack of concern was what really bothered me. Even when the play was over he never even moved to check on her and she was 2 feet from him. It just seemed very callous. But, the good news is they move up to 12U and we don't so we don't see them again on the field for at least a year. haha

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Yeah, the coach defended it, and the girl's dad. He threatened to sue me for slander so I took the video down. lol. I mean, it's not slander; it's not even libel, it's just a video of what actually happened. But he asked me to delete it so I did. That's why the link won't work anymore. I really thought the coach was pointing at her as well. Honestly the lack of concern was what really bothered me. Even when the play was over he never even moved to check on her and she was 2 feet from him. It just seemed very callous. But, the good news is they move up to 12U and we don't so we don't see them again on the field for at least a year. haha

I would have laughed in his face if he threatened to sue for posting a video taken in a public place. Slander? Libel? He should go back to Journalism school and learn what those terms mean.

Jun 12, 2015
I thought it was pretty amusing myself. I'm guessing he doesn't actually have a lawyer since he doesn't know what he would supposedly be suing me for. But out of respect for parenting in general I took it down. Honestly it got way more attention than I expected.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1