Player Ejected-College Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Seems like we notice the lack of street smarts more in those that have the book smarts? Maybe that just makes some feel better?
🤷🏽‍♂️

I picked a fight in a ball field parking lot with a 260 lb former MMA fighter so you might be right..

May 29, 2015
@MoJo it won't let me quote that in my reply, but you would have a valid point if I, as an umpire, needed to rule on hits, errors, and scorekeeping matters. I don't. The scorekeeper is considered an official in the game, so their duties and roles are spelled out in the rulebook. It isn't a matter of me selecting which rules I like (or which ones benefit "my" team), it is a matter of those rules not being a part of my job. I don't care who was on the NFHS committee or when the copyright was applied either, but those are in there, too.

If you dig harder, you will find plenty of rules I don't like. That's no secret.

Sep 9, 2019
Opposing P was ejected post DH during handshakes this past Saturday. The team had little class throughout. Their chants were quite personal. A parent even berated a player getting into her car. Sweep was Karma indeed.

Jul 5, 2016
I would feel more comfortable demanding civility from young people if adults in this country actually displayed any. I could go on an endless rant, but suffice it to say that the behavior of supposed adults is pretty disheartening.

Jun 8, 2016
Which was no match for your water bottle of death counter-move, right?
I tapped out which is slang for yelling out that I couldn’t breathe..embarrassing but to be honest at that point I was trying to not die in some AR parking lot. I shouldn’t have let him get on top of me but he caught me by surprise. We were just jawing and all of a sudden he charged at me. Caught me by surprise.This was also after the initial incident which had taken place an hour before. I thought it was all over and was taking my little guys to the bathroom and he came at me again.

I knew the guy was a loose cannon (his kid was on DD’s team at the time 😂) and shouldn’t have waived at him as he was staring at me when I was walking out to the parking lot to cool off after DD had a particularly bad AB..live and learn.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles