pitching myths vs truth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 27, 2014
This video always confused me. A lot of pushing down the line and then a late IR?
About the 2 minute mark it gets going.

Later on riseballs that do rise...:)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The pitchers I work with are not my daughters, and each of them has at least one VERY TENDER spot on my left shin that I can hardly tolerate touching with my finger. Each pitcher seems to hit her same spot when hitting my shin as if to let me they are in charge. I've thought of super-gluing a shin-guard to my left shin because of this.

Are you aware that there are products readily available that will protect your shins from damage?

Just sayin'........

This video always confused me. A lot of pushing down the line and then a late IR?
About the 2 minute mark it gets going.

Later on riseballs that do rise...:)

Someone with a lot more time/patience/talent than me should dissect this video and show the differences from what she actually does when pitching vs. what she demos or says. I think it would show some really good myths.

Nov 3, 2012
Myth: Windmill pitching doesn't put much stress on the shoulder and arm and girls can pitch unlimited innings without hurting the shoulder.
Truth: Windmill pitching is less stressfull on shoulder than overhand, but you still should put restrictions on how many innings you pitch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00