PGF Premier or ASA Nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 24, 2011
My daughter's team won a PGF premier birth this weekend. We are also doing Colorado and Atlanta. My question is...is it worth it to fly to Cali and spend the money for the PGF nationals or since most of the team is within driving distance of Virginia, do the ASA nationals. Are there that many more coaches in Cali? If we get exposure in Colorado and Atlanta is that enough at 14? We are a 14u gold team. The organization mostly has girls being recruited in the East and Midwest.
Thanks

PGF Premier by a pretty significant margin right now.

This is probably the best "discussion" I've found on it (from August 2014) http://www.thesoftballzone.com/showthread.php?2836-ASA-vs-PGF/page2

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My daughter's team won a PGF premier birth this weekend. We are also doing Colorado and Atlanta. My question is...is it worth it to fly to Cali and spend the money for the PGF nationals or since most of the team is within driving distance of Virginia, do the ASA nationals. Are there that many more coaches in Cali? If we get exposure in Colorado and Atlanta is that enough at 14? We are a 14u gold team. The organization mostly has girls being recruited in the East and Midwest.
Thanks

If you are looking at being recruited in the East and Midwest going to PGF Nationals is a colossal waste of time and money. You can get much more bang for your buck elsewhere. If they do not get recruited going to Colorado and Atlanta, how is going to PGF Nationals going to make a difference? For the most part the coaches going to PGF National are there to recruit kids from the left coast, not kids from Virginia.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2013
There is not a one-size-fits-all answer. Call the coaches of your target schools and find out whether they will be in CO, Atl, ASA 14U Nats and/or PGF 14U Nats.

Jun 17, 2013
Middle Georgia
If you are looking at being recruited in the East and Midwest going to PGF Nationals is a colossal waste of time and money. You can get much more bang for your buck elsewhere. If they do not get recruited going to Colorado and Atlanta, how is going to PGF Nationals going to make a difference? For the most part the coaches going to PGF National are there to recruit kids from the left coast, not kids from Virginia.

Very, very true.

Mar 29, 2012
With your going to Atlanta and Colorado you will get plenty of exposure. Like others said with you having an east coast focus PGF isn't a huge deal for you over ASA, there will be coaches at both.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Don't believe all the rhetoric about playing versus the best at PGF or ASA Nationals. Or the hype about the must attend showcases like Legacy, Sparkler, TCS, Diamond 9, etc. The best event is the one where your daughter gets recruited. If one of the nationals or big name showcases is attended by coaches that have expressed interest in your DD then it is probably worth your while to go. If the coaches are not there and/or you do not have a real plan to get her recruited you are wasting your money. But at least you can get a t-shirt to wear and impress the folks back home. :)

ADDITIONAL THOUGHT:

Getting your DD recruited less about doing the right things and more about the parents not screwing it up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321