PGF Nationals approximate cost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
Can anyone share about how much they spent going to PGF Nationals? I realize that will vary because of airfare but how much did hotels food and everything else run you?

DD is considering switching teams to a team that goes, but I'm wondering financially if it's worth the cost of going to nationals. They play in platinum. DD does not have a desire to play D1, mainly interested in D3 or NAIA so that she can get a good balance of athletics and academics and she'll also probably stay in the Midwest. Because she's not top tier I'm not looking at this as a way for her to get exposure, more of an opportunity to play high-level ball. Of course DD is dying to go. We're on a budget and this would definitely make things tight so is it worth it??

Jun 8, 2016
Can anyone share about how much they spent going to PGF Nationals? I realize that will vary because of airfare but how much did hotels food and everything else run you?

DD is considering switching teams to a team that goes, but I'm wondering financially if it's worth the cost of going to nationals. They play in platinum. DD does not have a desire to play D1, mainly interested in D3 or NAIA so that she can get a good balance of athletics and academics and she'll also probably stay in the Midwest. Because she's not top tier I'm not looking at this as a way for her to get exposure, more of an opportunity to play high-level ball. Of course DD is dying to go. We're on a budget and this would definitely make things tight so is it worth it??
IMO the bolded means it is worth it IF you can swing it without it effecting the rest of your life too negatively financially..Cannot help with the cost estimates unfortunately, never been to PGF nationals although we are going to Sparkler this year and that is expensive enough even with us driving...lol.

Jun 19, 2020

We have been twice, it's a great experience 4 grand is what I would guestimate. Flight, Hotel, rental car, and a few fun side things for the family adds up quick. We play in the Alliance now, and I kind of miss the Cali trips.

Aug 6, 2013
Our hotel is around $200 per night basically. We stay 7 nights. The rental car will be around $300 (I've got a corporate discount through Budget). Flights for 3 of us will be around $2,100 but we are flying Breeze so take that for what it's worth, lol. I would say after all the travel costs, food, shopping DD and I always do and the fun stuff, we drop around $5,000. Now - that being said - we go to Cali one time a year from the East Coast. This is basically our vacation on top of playing softball.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Anything that is to be considered here in California whatever the rates were in past years has changed.
Call ahead to get 2022 pricing.

It will be possible that in gasoline alone you will spend $200 more.

Aug 6, 2013
Anything that is to be considered here in California whatever the rates were in past years has changed.
Call ahead to get 2022 pricing.

It will be possible that in gasoline alone you will spend $200 more.
The pricing I listed is for 2022. I have seen the hotel list. The average hotel price is in the $200 - $225 a night range.

Jul 19, 2021

Nothing in this sport is financially "worth the cost" if you strictly look at the college scholarship aspect. The prudent financial decision would be to take all the money you spend on softball and put it in a 529 account and then she could go to college anywhere she wants but we do this for reasons other than sound financial ones. It's about the experiences and the bonds we create with our DD's that could never happen without participating in this sport. One can easily Google hotel costs and food costs so I know your question was deeper than that. Bottom line, if you go, go for the memories, not for the return on investment. Your DD will never forget going to Cali to play ball so it's 'up to you to figure out if the memories are worth the cost.

Jan 22, 2011
Our hotel is around $200 per night basically. We stay 7 nights. The rental car will be around $300 (I've got a corporate discount through Budget). Flights for 3 of us will be around $2,100 but we are flying Bree so take that for what it's worth, lol. I would say after all the travel costs, food, shopping DD and I always do and the fun stuff, we drop around $5,000. Now - that being said - we go to Cali one time a year from the East Coast. This is basically our vacation on top of playing softball.
Good estimate of costs. What age is OP's daughter? 14u platinum last year we only had 3 to 5 college coaches stop by to watch part of our games. I went to watch a few 14u premier games and saw several D1 coaches I recognized from TV.

Great experience if you can afford it and are a softball addict, but not necessary unless you are aiming for D1. Just take plenty of video at her games and check out the website www.lookingforafreeride.com

16u Alliance championships are just north of Indianapolis this summer.

PS My DD's team is going to Colorado for Sparkler and down to LA for two tournaments this summer. I told her if she played for a team only going to LA once and staying within 100 miles of home the rest of the summer, I would give her $6k to $8k towards a car. She choose the traveling softball team. She is about 80pct certain she does not want to play in college, but if she does is looking at D3 and NAIA schools.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021
$3K to $5K for a week long tournament depending on how you get there, where you stay, and what you like to eat.

Nov 16, 2021
If your team is planning to treat it like a beach trip and vacation I would be wary but if they are a team that is focused and treats it the way it should be treated it, along with the Colorado Sparkler - Power Pools, is a great experience on many levels. Costs with a parent (actually 2) attending last year and estimated based on what we have booked this year is $5-$6k for both events (so a total of $10-$12k)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles