PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Fine point.

I've heard parents say "she's not that good" when the girl just beat your team, pitched a 3-hitter, and is ranked top 10 in her class.

"Uh, what's a good pitcher look like then?"
I like this one, after a 2 hit shutout, "she's really not that great, she just throws that rise ball a lot. Our girls could lay off of it and the ump had a huge zone."

May 13, 2023
After the Sox won that long awaited WS in 2004 they gained a bunch of new fans, many of whom would wear these stupid pink Sox hats. The long suffering fans started calling them the "pink hats"..
Clearly I don't follow baseball knew nothing of this pink hat thing.

Amazing 🙄what people will do to follow a crowd to be part of the pack.

May 13, 2023
I like this one, after a 2 hit shutout, "she's really not that great, she just throws that rise ball a lot. Our girls could lay off of it and the ump had a huge zone."
One of my favorite punchlines is when the coach says
'we didn't bring our bats'
Yet every batter had a bat in their hands in the Box.

What they didn't bring was strategy to make adjustments!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Exactly if you aren't a big strikeout pitcher having a good defense or a pink helmet one can make or break you.
My daughter strikes out a ton of batters in HS, but she doesn't have to do that in TB because the defense is better. The problem arises when she gives up a few greasy hits, and the fielders make errors behind her. Her HS team made 44 errors behind her, and the catcher allowed 21 passed balls.

@pattar, I still haven't gotten over the fact the Red Sux came back from a 3-0 deficit that year.

May 17, 2023

In fairness isn't always easy to understand how good a pitcher is unless in the box or sitting directly behind.

Few years ago we had three pitchers on our TB team. All three similar velocity and accuracy. However one couldn't spin the ball at all, one avg and one had really high spin rate. No coincidence their effectiveness was three different levels.

But to the parents sitting to the side watching it was hard to tell why.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1