Perfect swing, JD Martinez

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
In my opinion... it’s about the ‘structure’ you have mentioned before and ‘educated’ hands after ^^^^^^. Is it that simple for you as well?

Yes, it can be almost that simple.

Teach a kid to gather and hover forward, while preparing their swing to pass through a healthy swing launch orientation, ... and teach a kid to create the proper body angle during their initial launching of the swing (complete with finding the ball with the upper lead arm) ... and you can pretty much have a swing that works.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I think our definitions of ‘running start’ may differ. I believe the running start is predicated on getting the mass forward, loaded and repositioned without giving up the backside load (forward yet back). In a sense cheating fast ball and able to wait offspeed.

Early bat speed seems like a bad thing imo. I would want the fastest bat speed into the ball, not at commitment from the top. Or ‘rearward’. That would be an HI thing I think...

I prefer ‘late’ bat speed or ‘closer to the hitting zone’ bat speed. Harder to check a swing or not swing at junk if your all in at GO.

Oomv. Just how I perceive the terms ‘running start’ and ‘bat speed’. :)

I think some refer to running start as aggressively TTB and getting a jump on the hitter with a stagnant barrel. Allows early bat speed and the ability to hit the ball with power deeper in the zone. It probably does make it more difficult for hitter to check their swing. But who is checking their swing now a days? Guess (anticipate) the pitch and hit a HR or strike out!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think some refer to running start as aggressively TTB and getting a jump on the hitter with a stagnant barrel. Allows early bat speed and the ability to hit the ball with power deeper in the zone. It probably does make it more difficult for hitter to check their swing. But who is checking their swing now a days? Guess (anticipate) the pitch and hit a HR or strike out!

Thanks for your insight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish