Perfect Game at 10U! (i'm bragging if you want to skip this)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
My DD Jessica pitched a perfect game Saturday in a pool game. Seven strikeouts, no walks, no hits, no errors! She had outstanding defensive and offensive performance behind her and her team won the tournament (an ASA Eastern National Qualifier) yesterday making it my best Father's Day ever.

Not sure how often this happens but I've been in baseball and softball since 1974 and this is the first time I've ever seen one first hand.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I don't believe I've ever seen a perfect game. If I have, I was too little to understand what was going on. Congrats to you, your DD, and her team!

Apr 13, 2010
I've seen it before out of one of our pitchers (not my kid though). Still heck of an accomplishment. I think part of it is where you're located. The disparity in team talent levels in 10U in Minnesota is quite vast. At a tourney if you're an "A" team you could end up playing a "B" team with a bunch of girls that are just starting out and if you're pitcher is throwing strikes and throwing hard it's pretty much over right there.

Dec 19, 2008
Congratulations to your daughter (and you)! My 13 year old daughter (14U) pitched a shut-out on Saturday. Also had a no hitter (perfect game) about a month and a half ago, and in her first tourney this year threw another shut-out as well. I just told her "practice pays off, huh?"

Oct 19, 2009
Thanks everyone! Funny thing was before the game I told her that if she walked the lead off batter I was going to pull her. I've been trying to emphasize working ahead on the hitters (count wise) and that lead off walks always score!

Lead off batter she goes 3-0. All I had to do was start to rise from my bucket. She shook her head at me and I sat back down and watched her get the out. For her age she's still a little fart but has decent fastball and a nasty change-up that people are starting to take notice of.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I believe it was 2002, I was pretty much begged to work with 8 to 10-year-old beginning pitchers. Apperently no other pitching instructor in the area wanted to take on the beginners. The instructors only wanted the older travel ball and HS students (to get their name in the paper I guess). I found that very irritating and sad, so I said "Send em on." Wasn't long before I was up to my eyeballs in these little beginners.

Okay. This is going to sound like I am bragging here also. I am, but on my students at the time. I went to a local leagues All Star tournament. The best 'teams' stayed together and played against each other and I had several pitching students in that league.

I arrived a few minutes before the final game. Spotted one of my students warming up and went to her side of the stands. The game started and she fanned the first three hitters. Then the other team took the field and another one of my students took over the circle. UH-OH! So I walked over to the other side and spotted her folks and talked with them.

Well, she struck out the first three she faced too. The parents understood my position on the game so I went back to the other side again.

To make a somewhat long story as short as I can. pitcher A threw a perfect game, 21 straight strike outs. Pitcher B ended up with 17 strike outs and the first 14 batters she faced were K'd. Team A won 2 to 0. It made the local papers.

I congratulted both of them and told them I was very proud of them. Then, I ran like heck because of lacal reporters on hand.

CT-TEXAS.COM

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01