DD's HS team headed to the AAAAAA state finals!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Cool! ... As you know, I lived in Georgia, and I wish that my new state adopted the 8-team/1-site format.

This will be our first trip to the state finals. Some parents who have been claim in years past the number of college coaches in attendance compares to a good showcase. There will be 48 teams ( 6 classifications x 8 teams per class) teams competing at one complex.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
This will be our first trip to the state finals. Some parents who have been claim in years past the number of college coaches in attendance compares to a good showcase. There will be 48 teams ( 6 classifications x 8 teams per class) teams competing at one complex.

Just talked w/ a friend whose daughter played in it last year, and he said Pat Murphy was there, as well as coaches (head or assistant) for Tennessee, Florida State, LSU, that he remembered.

On the downside, the fact that the event is being held in Columbus as opposed to high school campuses means fan attendance will be more like travel tournaments and not packed like it might be otherwise if a state final was being played at a school.

Jan 24, 2010
We will be there as well (Kennesaw Mountain). Beat Woodstock tonight 7-0. Very excited for the girls, they played a great game tonight for the win. Harrison beat Cherokee tonight as well.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
You will see more coaches Thursday and Friday than any showcase you play in. Saturday there will not be as many coaches they usually head to Orlando for the weekend for the D-9 or whatever its called. . The environment will be electric and fans are everywhere you have people watching from different schools. I would guess we had at least 250 people watching at each of our last 2 state championship games. I know this is my kids favorite tournament of the year. Good luck I know your girls will do great and give Brookwood a pay back from last year.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
You will see more coaches Thursday and Friday than any showcase you play in. Saturday there will not be as many coaches they usually head to Orlando for the weekend for the D-9 or whatever its called. . The environment will be electric and fans are everywhere you have people watching from different schools. I would guess we had at least 250 people watching at each of our last 2 state championship games. I know this is my kids favorite tournament of the year. Good luck I know your girls will do great and give Brookwood a pay back from last year.

We owe Brookwood after last years heartbreaking loss in the Sweet 16. Any other advice you can give - restaurants, activities? Should be a great weekend of softball!

Jan 24, 2010

I have to say that my kid is so pumped to be playing at state. She stopped playing for 2 years and this is honestly the most excited she has been in years about playing ball. She loves the girls and the team and is enjoying playing - that's what counts the most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad