Organization Websites

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
My guess is Word can easily be edited; whereas, PDFs are not as editable (haha)...you have to have the right Adobe software to actually edit PDFs. That would be my guess. :)

Anybody can make PDFs using one of the many PDF-making software options out there. I use CutePDF. This basically creates a printer on your computer. So you would create what you want in whatever program you want (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and "print" to the CutePDF printer, and it creates a PDF out of it. Basically, it would be like printing it out and then scanning it, but it cuts that part out and creates a clean "scan" of your document. And if you ever need to edit it, you just go back to the original file (in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), make the changes, and then "print" again. Best part is that the software is free and legal.

Mar 24, 2014
Microsoft products allow you to create a .pdf, newer versions maybe since their 2007 products. Once you create a document, click "Save As" and then scroll down to the .pdf selection..

Mar 24, 2014
If you have a parent, board member, someone that can work with Wordpress....this is the way to go. You aren't limited by and design/layout restrictions. Might as well get a plug for our site..done by yours truly :) Home - Triton Youth Fastpitch Softball Association But it really depends on what you are trying to get out of it. if you are looking for all the extras and "ready-to-go" that pre-built/configured team sites offer...I would suggest Sports Ngin.

Also, if you are a non-profit, check with local web design companies to see if any would be interested in donating the site/hosting.

What package did your organization select? Just wondering what the yearly fees are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877