Organization Websites

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
Other than Home Teams Oline, League Lineup, Eteamz, Sports Nogin, what are some other ones are out there that aren't too expensive ?

Last year I built a website using WIX for our team. Once you get the hang of WIX it is fairly easy to use. I basically built this site for recruiting purposes and it has player profiles, schedules, pics, etc. The team is no longer in existence so I just deleted the site and account. I have recently seen a shift into teams using Facebook for the same purpose. In my DDs current organization the 18u team above us is using FB as their main source of player info. and they created player profiles, etc. on the FB page. Curious to see if others are doing just the FB page. We were doing both website and FB on our old team.

Jul 9, 2012
On our last team I built a site in Wordpress. It's free, though I paid $18 for the year to get a real site name (www.sitename.com instead of wordpress.sitename.com). It's not specific to sports but I added a calendar for the schedule. Actually it looks like the site is still up even though the team is history, if you want to check it out. It was pretty easy to do.
PC Pride 8U Girls Softball

If you have a parent, board member, someone that can work with Wordpress....this is the way to go. You aren't limited by and design/layout restrictions. Might as well get a plug for our site..done by yours truly :) Home - Triton Youth Fastpitch Softball Association But it really depends on what you are trying to get out of it. if you are looking for all the extras and "ready-to-go" that pre-built/configured team sites offer...I would suggest Sports Ngin.

Also, if you are a non-profit, check with local web design companies to see if any would be interested in donating the site/hosting.

Mar 9, 2015
A lot of good ideas will pass them along. Right now wanting to use it for organization with several teams. Will update once they make a decision. Thanks.

Mar 9, 2015
If you have a parent, board member, someone that can work with Wordpress....this is the way to go. You aren't limited by and design/layout restrictions. Might as well get a plug for our site..done by yours truly :) Home - Triton Youth Fastpitch Softball Association But it really depends on what you are trying to get out of it. if you are looking for all the extras and "ready-to-go" that pre-built/configured team sites offer...I would suggest Sports Ngin.

Also, if you are a non-profit, check with local web design companies to see if any would be interested in donating the site/hosting.

This is a nice site. Will check out Wordpress.

I think they contacted local web companies but didn't get any response. Thanks for the suggestion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877