Organization question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wonder if it is harder to build an organization or destroy one, obviously building one but I do not think people are trying to destroy thier hard won reputation. Being cynical money seems like the reason some get pulled down.

Carefully expanding is OK to me, but you have to monitor it season after season.

We are a city powerhouse, we can beat the other Team in our city. We are a little better then that but some of the antics some organizations coaching staff is allowed to get away with is unbelievable. We needed to break up a fight between a HC an AC and call the police. I am curious what happened to them.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Same organization had to forfeit after the fact and was thrown out of our year end tourney. In 8U I needed to block our dugout because the 3rd base coach wanted in to get a piece of our HC. Would have felt better about it if he wasn't 6'4 250lbs. This is a regional organization, they know they have a problem and are regrouping. It is going to take them years.

Or one big win, I want to play for them.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I think it can run in cycles and only take a couple of bad teams to hurt a solid organization. Ours was one of the best around. We had a team in the top 6 at ASA Gold Nationals in I believe 2010. That team has at least 12 players play in NCAA regionals with four making it to the WCWS and one getting a ring. Following them there were a couple of more good teams that aged out but then we had a couple of dry years. We were solid at the bottom but the top was weak so it hurt. We are now making a resurgence and the teams a year or two older than us and a year or two younger are very competitive. The organization as a whole will cycle back up with these teams. They just have to keep filling in as one team ages out to college.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00