OneX Recall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
This is a message that I copied from another site -
ASA has now updated their Approved Bat List. All oneX models have been removed.

Please don't bring these bats to the fields. The penalty for stepping into the box with this bat is now an out and an ejection, and that's the last thing any of us want. We want the girls to play, just as much as you do!

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
My apologies to dropball1, who started this thread. I am innately suspicious of anything on the internet without confirmation, but you were correct all along, and I'm sorry to have implied anything else.

May 17, 2012
My daughter is totally bummed out. We bought the OneX a few weeks ago and she was finally able to use it Friday and today. She absolutely loves that bat.

But she likes the Xeno as well. She has a 2012 xeno that she likes that is 1 inch and 1 ounce lighter.

On the plus side, it looks like my daughter is going to walk away from this with 2 bats.

We'll get the 2013 Xeno replacement bat, and also going with the 2014 OneX, just a size bigger.

Just got off the phone with one of my fellow coaches who bought one of his dd a OneX and the other a Xeno. He is bummed he didn't by them both OneX's now when he saw what LS was offering two bats.

As long as Louiville Slugger comes through like they said they will, they will continue to get my business. Big corporation or not, in the end they are all human. And mistakes will be made. It's what you do when those mistakes are made that matter most IMO. And as long as Louiville slugger does what they say they will do, they will be going above and beyond in my book.

Jul 21, 2012
I was under the impression that you could choose either the 2013 Xeno along with a filler to make up the cost difference or the 2014 oneX that will be sent out in August. I put a call into LS, but they were going to return my call about replacing DDs oneX. I just wanted to clarify before I tried to call them back. Thanks.

Jan 7, 2013
Sending my DDs oneX in today. They'll replace the 2013 oneX with a 2013 Xeno, plus one of three different options. One of the options is an additional 2014 oneX (or equivalent), when it becomes available in August. When I called they took my info, bat specifications, which option I wanted, and gave me a Return Authorization number. I just had to place a copy of the receipt in the box with the bat, and write the RA number on the outside.

They said it might be a few weeks to get a turn around due the large number of replacements they had to make.

Feb 14, 2010
I'm very impressed with LS uring this dificult situation. We went with the 13 xeno and 14 one x also and I shipped off the old one x last thursday.

May 17, 2012
Louisville Slugger definitely "stepping up to the plate". Had to wait 30 minutes on hold to finally get through, but got my RMA number. Person on the phone was as polite as could be.

I don't even have my receipt and they said it doesn't matter, just ship them the bat as they will consider the bat itself as proof of purchase (obviously).

And they said they won't wait to receive my bat back before they ship out the new one though they did mention that due to inventory issues it could take up to 3 weeks before the 2013 Xeno ships out.

A preplacement bat of essentially the same caliber along with a brand spankin new 2014 model OneX free of charge in August!!!!!!

With my daughter being 11, she has needed to go up in size in bats every year the last few years. Now this takes care of the next two years.

Louisville Slugger will continue to get my business. They have gone above and beyond in my opinion (atleast as long as we get what was promised, and I believe we will)

Jul 21, 2012
Took awhile on the phone, but we got our RA number and everything set up. Dd was a little less upset about returning her oneX when I told her she would be getting two back! I am very impressed with their customer service in this situation.

Jun 21, 2010
Wow! Didn't read the recall letter clearly. The third option will make DD happy, I think. Another 2013 Xeno to back up her 2013 Xeno with a 2014 OneX later before Fallball starts.

edit:

Was on hold for 50 minutes. The guy I spoke to was very apologetic. He said another 32/22 Xeno would be shipped immediately. And said the 2014 OneX would be shipping late July into August. He said the second bat option was very popular! Great customer service.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA