OneX Recall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
From Louisville Slugger

"In relation to the Louisville Slugger voluntary recall of the 2013 oneX, we hear your concerns. Again, we will do everything we can to support you, our loyal customers, through this situation. To that end, the replacement will be in the form of a Xeno, but we will provide more than just the bat. In addition to the Xeno we will give customers the choice of one of the following: A) a glove or bag with an $80 retail value. B) a $50 stored value gift card that's just like cash C) a 2014 oneX or equivalent bat to ship in August. Please contact our customer service toll free at 1-800-282-2287 or by email at CS@slugger.com for additional information."

This is the most up-to-date and recent information that will help you and all of our customers. Again, thank you for your support and we truly appreciate your efforts to help spread the word. We are working day and night to answer our customers' questions and get bats back in everyone's hands. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you!

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Well, I'll be darned. I can see the confusion start now, with people thinking that the Xeno was re-called. How awful for girls that love their OneX.

Sep 18, 2011
Wow. Huge news. The anecdotal evidence has been confirmed, i guess. Ordinarily I am highly skeptical of anything I read on the internet, but I just went to the LS website and found that I was unable to order a Onex, so there must be something to this.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Fishy.

Just got one as a warranty replacement yesterday, bats are still on the website, press release section of the website has nothing about a recall.

"Confirmed" how ?

Jan 25, 2011
Wow, in Marc's thread, I just posted today, that I felt that they could have a issue, because of they didn't want there bats tested at the higher psi as the other bats.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
Fishy.

Just got one as a warranty replacement yesterday, bats are still on the website, press release section of the website has nothing about a recall.

"Confirmed" how ?

I just hung up on the phone with Louisville and confirmed. Coach I know whose team is sponsored by Louisville got the letter I posted

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
on dd's College team they had the option of a Xeno or a OneX. They all tried both models in the fall and each player chose one for the spring. Luckily dd chose another Xeno due to the concern of durability of the OneX. Good choice in light of this news.

She loves the Xeno and has been using them for 2+ years without issues

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Recent Press release: All 2013 OneX Bats are being recalled

Louisville Slugger has enjoyed an incredible resurgence in Fastpitch these past few years, driven by the strong innovation in the bat lineup and the “Beautifully Powerful” campaign. Players like Jessica Mendoza, Ashley Charters and Andrea Duran have helped put the latest bat innovations on the map and some of the top college programs in the country are enjoying success on the field with the 2013 line as well.
With any truly innovative products come occasional obstacles and we’re writing this to share some important developments isolated to the 2013 oneX. We have just become aware of a manufacturing issue that has compromised the durability of the oneX bat (pictured below) which potentially shows up in the form of cracking between barrel and handle. In extreme cases, the manufacturing defect has resulted in a complete fracture between the handle and barrel. While we know this will only affect a sub-set of oneX bats in the market, to protect the players and to live up to our responsibility to give you the best product possible, we are recalling the entire current line of the oneX bat (all lengths and weights) from the market. Model numbers affected by this recall are FP136, FP1369 and FP1368.
As Fastpitch softball players have learned over the years, Louisville Slugger prides itself on doing the right thing for its loyal customers. We are committed to resolving this quickly and efficiently so we can get the best product available back in your hands as quickly as possible. We will be providing a 2013 Xeno bat as a replacement and we will discuss options with each customer to satisfy the price difference between oneX and the Xeno replacement bat the customer will receive.
Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-282-2287 to discuss this further and address any questions you may have.
For those of you impacted by this situation, we apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience. We are working diligently to correct the issue and we look forward to launching our new bat models this summer with the same industry-leading performance you have grown accustomed to from Louisville Slugger. We pledge to work tirelessly to maintain your trust, continue to bring you confidence at the plate, deliver you the best in class product you have come to expect from Louisville Slugger and continue to bring you the best products the sport has to offer.
Please see Over 125 years of performance technology in baseball bats, fastpitch softball bats and slowpitch softball bats, Louisville Slugger is The Official Bat of Major League Baseball. for continual updates, including answers to anticipated questions from our customers.
Best Regards,
Bill Clark
Hillerich & Bradsby, Co.
President – Louisville Slugger Division

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA