One last time????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Another winter storm warning for tonight into Tuesday with 4-8 inches of fresh snow possible. It looks like it is going to be a three week season this year. I really feel bad for the Seniors who are having their last season of High School Ball stolen from them by Mother Nature.

We had two dome games scheduled in Minneapolis/St. Paul but we got a foot of snow on Friday and the bus company would not send a bus (School was also canceled).

DD/Team (I am sure the coach) are sick and tired of doing the same things over and over again in a gym that is about 2 times the size of a regular basketball court.

How can the WIAA put together a "Fair" tournament?

Sorry for the rant and I hope I am done posting on this subject:confused:

Apr 13, 2013
You know you are in trouble when they start canceling indoor tournaments. :)

I am with you by the way, all our fields are flooded because of all the rain.

Dec 29, 2011
Tempe, Az
I delt with this crap in Iowa all my life. Now that I am down in AZ I try not to think about those bad times. Hopefully you guys get some good playing time somehow. =/

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Touchmint, I echo your sentiments. We were in IL. 50 years. We really didn't know what we were missing, is the only explanation that I have for staying in the midwest. I am not all that far from you. We are in Marana, AZ. (Tucson)

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Being in Central California we have had half of the HS season rained out in the past, no snow though, that's why we moved away from Northern Alberta CA!!!

This season has been a Godsend with only 1 rained out game that was made up later in the week. It doesn't look like any more rain this year either :)

Jan 17, 2013
Still waiting for spring to roll around here in WA too... The weather report changed and is calling for sunny skies all week so we're all hoping it stays that way.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I love the once or twice we get a decent snow here in TN, but no way I could take it interfering with ball almost til May like the north. Heck we've played 30 games exactly so far, plus 4 preseason games, have 9 more to go until playoffs. If all goes well we will have played 49 games between March 14th and May 17, and a few more if we reach state.

Oct 19, 2009
I was going to move to AZ but with all the global warming projections I figured we could soon enjoy AZ weather in Ohio. So much for that theory. Our girls did play this weekend over in Indy....in 30 degree weather...

Jul 19, 2008
Another winter storm warning for tonight into Tuesday with 4-8 inches of fresh snow possible. It looks like it is going to be a three week season this year. I really feel bad for the Seniors who are having their last season of High School Ball stolen from them by Mother Nature.

We had two dome games scheduled in Minneapolis/St. Paul but we got a foot of snow on Friday and the bus company would not send a bus (School was also canceled).

DD/Team (I am sure the coach) are sick and tired of doing the same things over and over again in a gym that is about 2 times the size of a regular basketball court.

How can the WIAA put together a "Fair" tournament?

Sorry for the rant and I hope I am done posting on this subject:confused:

John, where are you at? I am from Marathon, 11 miles west of Wausau. It really sucks here to. Our high school team practiced outside I think 2 times so far. Only once on an infield. My daughter is a senior, so her last year is getting seriously shortened. I also happen to take care of our diamonds and its been a struggle. Last fall we put in dugouts so we had some damage on the infield from having trucks and some heavy equipment go across it. There was some small dirt piles left on the infield over winter and that hurt us for when snow melted. I finally got that off last Saturday and made good progress. I need a good full day of some and reasonable temps. I should have it all back together, bases reset and ready I think by Friday. It is depressing, as we got close a couple times to it being dry enough, then it snows or rains. Then I think of the northern part of the state and how they got dumped on last Friday and suppose to get it tonight again.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
RobD,

Superior...we received about 6 inches here in town with nearly a foot just to the east along the shores of Lake Superior (Schools closed). The high school team was able to get out on the fields three times (We snowblowed and shoveled the field off in later March) and then all hell broke loose with the weather. April has had the most snow of any month, ever, and the winter is currently 3rd all time for snow. The weather is going to really warm up but it will still be at least 10 days before all the snow is gone and the fields dry out (If we don't get any more rain or snow). We will miss over half the season...

The team is traveling down to the Irish Dome in Rosemont on Thursday to play a confrence game with Hermantown. We have tournaments scheduled south so I think we will get those games in...

I take the "Marathon short cut" around Wausau quite a bit so I have been through your town several times (Beautiful small town!).

I feel for your daughter and all the seniors on our team (Getting cheated out of what should be their most memorable seasons).

Keep us posted on how things are going down that way and I will do the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi