Last HS Season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Have no where else to really let this out so posting here. I apologize now for it being so long.

Yesterday was my dd’s last HS game ever. She played for a small, private HS and will graduate in a couple of weeks. Her team had a remarkable, magical season and went 12-0 during the regular season (less games due to Covid). This is the first year their conference held a tournament for the title (announced a few weeks ago), as usually the team with the best record is the champion. Well, they lost a heartbreaker yesterday to a team full of high level travel players who they beat twice this season. Our team only has a few TB players, so it goes without saying that the other players truly stepped up and played their hearts out. Sad it had to end this way - but so, so proud of this team!

On a positive note, I am simply amazed at the player my dd became over this past year! Usually quiet and reserved, she became a true vocal leader from the circle this season. With 7 seniors on the team, they went from 6-9, to 15-6, to 12-1 (lost junior year last year). This season she had a sub-1.00 ERA and batted over .620 as a switch hitter in the leadoff spot. She also put 2 out of the park this year (and she is not your prototypical power hitter build) with those being the only OTF HR she’s ever hit.

Unfortunately, she had to pitch almost every inning this season. Our only other pitcher had shoulder surgery in the winter and was only cleared to pitch a few weeks ago. They let her start one game and had to get pulled after 1 inning, with dd coming in to pitch the rest of that game. This where I get on my soapbox and say consider yourselves extremely lucky if your HS has more than one capable arm!!! Use that to your advantage!!

I am lucky that dd will get to play (hopefully) four more years of college ball at a prestigious D3 NESCAC school starting this fall. Also, one last summer of travel ball with a team that is going to be amazing this season!!

Enjoy these years with your dd’s, it truly does go by extremely fast! Cherish these years…..

Jun 7, 2016
So great to hear of your DDs success (even with the heartbreaker!) I envy you the opportunity to watch her another 4 years.
We have another week of games and find out saturday where we land for playoffs. (May be our final softball of DD career--travel club seems unclear at this point.)

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I am lucky that dd will get to play (hopefully) four more years of college ball at a prestigious D3 NESCAC school starting this fall. Also, one last summer of travel ball with a team that is going to be amazing this season!!

Congrats to your DD.

I am sure my DD will play your DD at some point; DD is in the NEWMAC but we play pretty much all the NESCAC teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles