OF- throw to cutoff?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
R

RayR

I realize that - but I am not sure why you would purposely tell players to throw the ball on a hop if they can reach in the air...who is that good to bounce it in the exact spot in needs to be especially when you consider playing surfaces, weather and maybe a bat in the way....

Jan 31, 2011
I cannot believe a HS coach would tell the players to get the ball to the circle to stop the play. That's just dumb at that level unless the team is that bad.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I cannot believe a HS coach would tell the players to get the ball to the circle to stop the play. That's just dumb at that level unless the team is that bad.

The DUMB part is that the ball in the circle is irrelevant unless it is in the PITCHER'S possession. Any other defender holding the ball in the circle means nothing more then a defender holding the ball in the middle of the infield. The LBR is not in effect at that point.

Jan 31, 2011
The DUMB part is that the ball in the circle is irrelevant unless it is in the PITCHER'S possession. Any other defender holding the ball in the circle means nothing more then a defender holding the ball in the middle of the infield. The LBR is not in effect at that point.

Yes, I agree the LBR only applies for the pitcher in the circle. I misread the original post and thought he meant get the ball to the pitcher in the circle to stop the play. A better deterent to stop the runners is throw them out! That is what I meant by "dumb". At the HS level baserunners should be nailed for an out (or at least the attempt) when they push the limits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom