Nothing Better

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
So, I'm sitting here at 2:00 am. I'm at work, and I am bubbling over with excitement because I know that in 4 hours, I'm leaving here and driving straight to the ball park for a weekend tournament. DD's team has had a rough go the last few months, but the teams that have been beating us are all in Florida. So, we're going to be the team to beat. Took my last two vacation days, got a hotel room cause it's an outta town tourney, a cooler full of gatorade, and plenty of sunscreen. So my question....

How could it possibly get any better?

Looking forward to seeing plenty of this:

Launched.jpg

May 1, 2011
They got 3rd. We won our first 5 games (2 pool, 3 bracket). In our first loss, DD came up with bases loaded in the top of the 6th and down by 2. She ripped one to right center and cleared the bases. Our 3rd basemen had a really bad bottom half of the inning however, and we lost. The game we got eliminated on, DD went 2-2, but the top half of the lineup had a case of the pop-ups, so we couldn't score. Lost 6-2 and home we went. Both of the teams that beat us are teams that we've handled in the past. But, when it's 102 degrees, and you've been in the heat all day, anything can happen. There is a beautiful picture of her at contact on a ball she hit over everybody's head, but the team mom hasn't posted it yet.

May 1, 2011
This is normal for me. Been plenty of times where I've worked a night shift, driven to the ball park for a tournament, took a quick nap in between ball games, and then gone back to work that night. Don't be confused, the next day whenever I get off, I sleep like a crazy person. I work a great schedule (7 days on and 7 days off / 12 hour shifts). Theoretically, I have a weeks vacation every other week, which is great. However, when my daughters team started playing every other week, the tournaments were falling every week that I was working. I quickly burned through my vacation, so I had to start working nights so I didn't miss everything. I'm also one of the assistant coaches, so it wasn't just my DD that needed me there. She's switching teams next month. Several contributing factors, but the Head Coach on her new team wants me to be one of his assistance as well. And, he promised me that he'd only play on the weeks I was off. That way I won't have to miss anything. Sounded too good to be true, so we jumped all over it. We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45