Never seen anything like this before!!! WOW!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
“The new bats are too hot”

Hogwash!

What year did the first Stealth come out? Demarini Phoenix?

I like the game the way it is. This game was a snooze fest until they moved the rubber back from 40’ and players became better hitters.

Jun 8, 2016
“The new bats are too hot”

Hogwash!

What year did the first Stealth come out? Demarini Phoenix?

I like the game the way it is. This game was a snooze fest until they moved the rubber back from 40’ and players became better hitters.
The fence was 220 in CF..I think this is a good distance for college fastpitch (to all fields). To me 200 ft (or shorter in some places..I think OK State's field is 190 to left) is too short.

Jun 8, 2016
everything in physics can be disproven. That’s why you guys are underpaid. Lol
That video proves nothing. On the other hand experiments that show how the bat is held at contact matters little and one would get that same result if it were not held at all, show that a hitters weight does not have a direct effect on exit velocity....

There is a reason why the heaviest recorded bench press, squat, etc are from heavy humans as absolute strength is correlated to weight and strength is correlated to bat speed...

Look I have a skinny girl too 😉

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
Did anyone else see this? Not sure what to think other than the bats are really hot these days. Never ever seen a half swing for a grand slam in all my life. Something isn't right....... or perhaps something is really right. Just wow!

Keep in mind S-3 the bats that colleges & pros swing are not the same bats you get off the racks at your local sporting goods store.
My guess is the bats are factory rolled.
IMO down the lines should be at least 200’ LC, RC 225’ & SA center 250’. I would settle for 225’ which is the max currently for NCAA fields.
I wouldn’t mind seeing the bases at 75’ and pitching rubber at 45’ either. Give the fielders a little more reaction time.
In baseball the field & bases get extended as kids get bigger & stronger why not softball?

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Keep in mind S-3 the bats that colleges & pros swing are not the same bats you get off the racks at your local sporting goods store.
My guess is the bats are factory rolled.
IMO down the lines should be at least 200’ LC, RC 225’ & SA center 250’. I would settle for 225’ which is the max currently for NCAA fields.
I wouldn’t mind seeing the bases at 75’ and pitching rubber at 45’ either. Give the fielders a little more reaction time.
In baseball the field & bases get extended as kids get bigger & stronger why not softball?
Do you really think they aren't the same? I have wondered this over the years myself but always assumed at the end of the day that they were. But I truely have no idea. I always wanted to send a bat to a rolling company to see if there was a difference for the fun of it. Never have but after that swing you have to wonder. Good points for sure @MadBandit22

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying