Never seen anything like this before!!! WOW!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Did anyone else see this? Not sure what to think other than the bats are really hot these days. Never ever seen a half swing for a grand slam in all my life. Something isn't right....... or perhaps something is really right. Just wow!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I certainly didn't see the exact one you are referring to. But I agree with the response. I would also add, don't discount the physics. A strong swing at the right time can hit a ball hard, even a half swing. It's about velocity to the point of contact. Velocity through the point is what ball players practice, but I would submit, that is mostly academic.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I certainly didn't see the exact one you are referring to. But I agree with the response. I would also add, don't discount the physics. A strong swing at the right time can hit a ball hard, even a half swing. It's about velocity to the point of contact. Velocity through the point is what ball players practice, but I would submit, that is mostly academic.
agree with you Josh for sure. But it was almost a check swing. I didn't see a strong swing at all but definitely hard to say whether she was swinging hard or not. Just doesn't look like it to me but who knows. Just wild!

Jun 8, 2016
I am 46 YO with arthritis/tendinitis everywhere and can hit self-toss and one hop a 300 ft slow pitch fence with the new bats..No reason a fully grown women in prime condition who probably hits the weight room 4 times a week cannot check swing against a 65 mph fastball and hit it over a 220 ft fence 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
love that clip. But he was swinging hard thus the busted bat. She was not from what I can see.....but who knows
He busted his bat because it seems like he hit it off the end of the bat (not usually how it happens but I had it happen to me once)

The girl swung hard enough to provide a barrel speed at contact which allowed her to hit it out with the new bats...😉

Nov 25, 2012
USA
He busted his bat because it seems like he hit it off the end of the bat (not usually how it happens but I had it happen to me once)

The girl swung hard enough to provide a barrel speed at contact which allowed her to hit it out with the new bats...😉
she clearly did or it wouldn't have gone out of the park but looking at it......it doesn't look too hard IMHO. But it did so she had to have some muster in it somewhere. And confident in saying she is no Barry Bonds.

Can anyone else show a similar swing (softball please not grown men in baseball which is a ridiculous comparison....not calling you out here @pattar I promise) where it goes over the fence.

Pretty confident it doesn't exist but open to seeing it if you can produce it......which is unlikely!

S3

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478