Never gonna live that down:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
It falls well within the rules of assisting the runner and there was most definitely a push. No, it did not push the runner of the base, but there was a physical push by the coach. And, as has already been stated, it makes not difference at what point it is in the game. If it is a violation in the first inning, it is still a violation for the last out of the game.

Dec 20, 2012
I know this could happen at any level and LL is great for the kids that make it to their regionals and world series. But as far as baseball and softball goes, they are putting out a horrible product to watch on TV!

Jun 12, 2015
My husband told me about this yesterday. I feel for the coach, looked like he told the kid to go and he wasn't listening, gave him a little push to say no really, go. But IMO it was the right call, much as it sucks for the guy & for those kids.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Should not have been called. The defence pouting and not paying attention contributed to the run scoring more than a pat on the but.

Though I'm not a fan of the manner in which the umpire acted, it was the correct call.

Here is the full rule from OBR 7.09
(i) In the judgment of the umpire, the base coach at third base, or first base, by touching or holding the runner, physically assists him in returning to or leaving third base or first base.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Looked like the kids feet were glued to 3rd until he saw what the coach saw, a team not paying attention. The runner then made his own decision to leave the bag, and scored easily. Its a judgment call.

Jan 25, 2011
Looked like the kids feet were glued to 3rd until he saw what the coach saw, a team not paying attention. The runner then made his own decision to leave the bag, and scored easily. Its a judgment call.

He gave him a push in the small of his back. The kid didn't go on his own.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_nt7criePoL1usf292o1_400.gif

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

It seems that you are developing a track record of seeing only what you want or choose to see.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors