Never gonna live that down:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 15, 2011
Little League Rule 709(i) states: '....physically assists...", yep he did that. Interference. Runner is out.
[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13439451[/video]

However, the announcer stated that there cannot be physical contact of any kind between the coach and player while the ball is live. Is there actually a rule that states that?

Thanks, Rob.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Should not have been called. The defence pouting and not paying attention contributed to the run scoring more than a pat on the but.

Jul 21, 2015
Should not have been called. The defence pouting and not paying attention contributed to the run scoring more than a pat on the but.

It should definitely have been called. What he did is against the rules regardless of what the defense was doing.

I'm wondering why blue didn't grant time. 3B was obviously asking for it.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon

Really??? You didn't see that push? The coach pushed the runner towards the plate.... that is assisting

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I thought he pushed him, too. It was like "Go." "Go on in there." Push on the small of the back.

I made that mistake once. I reached out and stopped a runner.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I told this before, a parent on our Team pushed his son off first base trying to get him to steal. 8 YO feel on his face, parent was tossed. :)

Jun 22, 2008
ASA case play for coach assistance doesn't even require a push to be called. Case play is fly ball to outfield, runner on third is tagging and coach reaches out and taps runner on leg signalling them to run. Runner out for coach assistance.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Really??? You didn't see that push? The coach pushed the runner towards the plate.... that is assisting

I dont see him pushing the runner off the base, I do see him touching the kid who is standing on 3. Runner was still on the base when contact was over. He didnt push him off the bag towards home. Its not the same as an inexperienced coach grabbing a runner rounding 3rd to stop a players momentum. Ticky-tac call in an important part of the game. Terrible call.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs