Needs more eyes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I would like to hear some opinions on what is happening and why. Basically what would you do to fix her motion. Didn’t mean to cut some of the arm action, there’s a wall behind me.

Thanks,

C1E9BDDC-2CAF-4CE6-B173-5A1C6CF2D551.gif

CoachNickel

D3 Pitching Coach. Private Coach. Softball Fanatic
Dec 20, 2021
Greater Seattle Area
Agree its easier to review with a link & slow motion video if you have it. I'd like to see the arm travel down the back side of the circle more instead of getting pulled forward.

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20210920-094154_YouTube_1_3.gif
    Screen_Recording_20210920-094154_YouTube_1_3.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Feb 25, 2020
Thx Shawn.

My personal opinion is that the stride foot should be being snapped down to the ground hard(like a goosestep march) and have the foot pointed more at the catcher(toward a rh batter for a rhp is ptobly good).

If she snaps it down in this manner and continues to try and pull her foot back toward her after it hits the ground, her glutes and hammies are firing hard(which also braces her torso to resist bending.)

Right now it looks like she is more catching herself when she lands.

I think Abbot is a great model for this. Notice heel landing first vs your student landing on toe. Landing on toe to me equals quad pushing the foot away. Heel landing first is a good indication of good glute and ham involvement.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
IMHO focus on front-side resistance and sequencing the hips / shoulders.

Yes no front side resistance, no bow flex bow. No whip, just pushing. No snap. Locks up the hips/lowerbody, canceling the lowerbody out and getting the shoulders ahead of the hips in the arm action release.

Feb 25, 2020
Yes no front side resistance, no bow flex bow. No whip, just pushing. No snap. Locks up the hips/lowerbody, canceling the lowerbody out and getting the shoulders ahead of the hips in the arm action release.

The first thing I would do is teach her to throw underhand properly. It's tough to see with the blurry but it looks like she is not getting any ER of her upper arm. This is far more important to fix than the FSR.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma