Need advice on bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Sorry it’s not a 29 it’s a 30 -11. Same advice? Also would you recommend any other bat? Thanks

The two drop11s with decent size barrels are the CFs and PCs. And they are closest to sticker. Just
making sure as you're jumping up, you're not getting yourself a bat that's an ounce overweight and not
knowing it.
My first advice to everybody is to test other teammates bats out when jumping up. Helps derail any
bad guesses.

Jun 4, 2019
I'm afraid efastball is correct! Sounds like a little patience at the plate is in order, stay back and work on staying inside the ball. You said you've never purchased a nice bat before.........is it at least a composite bat?

I don't know your DD, you do, is she ready for a 31" bat? You say she's got a little size on her, get her into a -10 bat this purchase! Maybe a good quality 30/20 composite? If she is ready for a 31", contact Core here for a 31/21 Power Carbon, our 33/23 is extremely light swinging!

Yes that’s exactly the problem. We are working on it. Yes it’s an old demarini cf 7 or 8 I think. Bought from a travel ball coach friend of mine, and it had seen more than a few seasons. Interesting you say -10. Why is that? And thx. This is the exact type of advice I was seeking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yes that’s exactly the problem. We are working on it. Yes it’s an old demarini cf 7 or 8 I think. Bought from a travel ball coach friend of mine, and it had seen more than a few seasons. Interesting you say -10. Why is that? And thx. This is the exact type of advice I was seeking.

Simple math / physics (where's pattar?).

More weight and mass going through the ball, less deflection, even though we're only talking an ounce! Get her into the heaviest bat she can handle now.

Jun 4, 2019
The two drop11s with decent size barrels are the CFs and PCs. And they are closest to sticker. Just
making sure as you're jumping up, you're not getting yourself a bat that's an ounce overweight and not
knowing it.
My first advice to everybody is to test other teammates bats out when jumping up. Helps derail any
bad guesses.

I’m very new to the bat world. I get the CFs but what are PCs?

Feb 7, 2016
Our local batting cage is also a bat demo center. We can try out pretty much any brand and size in their cages (they have coin fed tunnels with pitching machines). Maybe you can find something similar in your area.

May 21, 2014
Haven't been super impressed by the Zen's as far as "pop" goes although they do swing super balanced like you would expect from a Demarini.

If you are buying new, I think I would look at all the 2020 bats. If you are going used, I'd look for a Demarini CFX. Prices are bottoming out and that bat has some good pop.

Apr 20, 2015
CF 7s and 8s are some of the hottest bats demarini put out in the cf line. Going for ridiculous prices on Ebay. If your bat isn't cracked I think your going to be disappointed in the pop of the newest ones. I'd swing that sucker till it dies! If I didn't already own a 30 I'd be hitting you up to buy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Is she playing rec ball or travel ball? If she's playing rec ball, are they using RIF balls? If they are, the performance advantages of a top-shelf bat are pretty much wiped out by a squishy RIF ball. If they aren't using RIF balls, then go for a good bat, if you want to spend the money.

In reality, all of the top-shelf bats are pretty similar in performance. If your DD's swing is pretty flawed, sorting out her swing will help her a LOT more than a top-shelf bat.

The following are worth considering from Batman (aka CoreSoftball20 - PM him for the best prices. Excellent service!)...
- Easton Ghost
- Mizuno Power Carbon
- Rawlings Quatro Pro

Others from other places...
- Demarini CF
- LS LXT or Xeno

Weight is as big a consideration as length. Since you're just getting started, it's worth checking out the Bat Weight Database and get a feel for how different bats compare to their sticker weight....https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/bat-weight-database.20034/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish