Need advice on bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2019
I’m new to this group, but I was researching bats the other day and found it. My daughter is 10 and is on the thicker side. She currently swings a 29 -11. She is constantly hitting balls off the end of the bat. It’s not a swing issue. I want to move her up to a 31. I’m considering the cf zen or the LS xeno. I’ve never purchased a nice bat before and was wondering everyone’s thoughts on these two bats. Also where I might find a good deal on one. Thanks

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
. I’m considering the cf zen or the LS xeno.

If its between those two....I would not do the Xeno. You are jumping up a good amount of bat size and the Xeno will prob be a pretty good amount over the sticker weight. So you will getting more weight than you think.

Jun 8, 2016
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While @efastball is more than likely correct, 29" drop 11 for a larger 10 YO is probably a bit too small. A lot of kids on my DD's 10U team swing a Xeno (not my DD though). If your DD has teammates swinging 31" bats I would have her ask to use some in BP to see what she likes.

Jun 4, 2019
If its between those two....I would not do the Xeno. You are jumping up a good amount of bat size and the Xeno will prob be a pretty good amount over the sticker weight. So you will getting more weight than you think.

Sorry it’s not a 29 it’s a 30 -11. Same advice? Also would you recommend any other bat? Thanks

Jun 8, 2016
Sorry it’s not a 29 it’s a 30 -11. Same advice? Also would you recommend any other bat? Thanks
30" drop 11 is what a lot of my DD's teammates are using. In all seriousness before you drop coin on a new bat I would probably make 100% sure the root issue isn't swing related even though you said it wasn't. 99.9% of 10 YO have some sort of swing issue. Bats are expensive.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm afraid efastball is correct! Sounds like a little patience at the plate is in order, stay back and work on staying inside the ball. You said you've never purchased a nice bat before.........is it at least a composite bat?

I don't know your DD, you do, is she ready for a 31" bat? You say she's got a little size on her, get her into a -10 bat this purchase! Maybe a good quality 30/20 composite? If she is ready for a 31", contact Core here for a 31/21 Power Carbon, our 33/23 is extremely light swinging!

Jun 4, 2019
Ha! No she definitely has swing issues, lots of them. No doubt. I just didn’t really want a big long thread diagnosing her swing. I know what’s wrong and will just take time to fix. Probably should have left that part out. She doesn’t have a very long reach and has to stand on to of the plate to get to a ball on the corner plus her bat now is really old and was purchased very used, so it’s just time for a new one. I would like to get her a nice one, doesn’t have to be 2020 or even 2019, but just a decent bat with good pop and a forgiving sweet spot.

Jun 8, 2016
Ha! No she definitely has swing issues, lots of them. No doubt. I just didn’t really want a big long thread diagnosing her swing. I know what’s wrong and will just take time to fix. Probably should have left that part out.

Yes... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi