Very specific glove advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It all came down to break-in time, and the Rawlings won! So far so good, it had its first game time at both short and third this week, and I have no complaints! Fielding is a dream I’ll tell you what. Now if only this glove could fix all my mental mistakes too..
Hey soozy's back! Decided on a Rawlings huh, good girl! And in a @pattar approved size! :oops:

Have you adjusted the wrist size yet? If not and you're in the off season or when you get in the off season send it to me and I'll adjust it for you, treat the palm liner with Obenauf's and help or finish the break in for you.

As far as the mental part, I suggest you PM pattar, he surely has some experience there, he can probably help! ;):LOL:

Jun 8, 2016
As far as the mental part, I suggest you PM pattar, he surely has some experience there, he can probably help! ;):LOL:
I would have to say I didn't make many mental mistakes on the field. I made plenty of poor decisions after making physical mistakes though...lol. One time after making an error, I tossed my glove over the dugout as I was coming off the field. Coach told me to go get it and I told him I would do better without it..he didn't argue.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I know
I would have to say I didn't make many mental mistakes on the field. I made plenty of poor decisions after making physical mistakes though...lol. One time after making an error, I tossed my glove over the dugout as I was coming off the field. Coach told me to go get it and I told him I would do better without it..he didn't argue.
I know it's not baseball/softball related, but I had a similar incident with a golf club once. After my worst drive of many for the day, I proceeded to throw my club down the fairway. My thrown club had the same results as all the balls I hit with it that day. It ended up 25' high in a tree and didn't come down until we had a windstorm four days later.

Judge Smails would be proud.

Jun 8, 2016
I know
I know it's not baseball/softball related, but I had a similar incident with a golf club once. After my worst drive of many for the day, I proceeded to throw my club down the fairway. My thrown club had the same results as all the balls I hit with it that day. It ended up 25' high in a tree and didn't come down until we had a windstorm four days later.

Judge Smails would be proud.
My father played a lot of golf before I was born and I guess was pretty good. Apparently he had a shortish putt to win a club championship and missed it. He took his clubs and dumped them in pond near the hole and never picked up a club after that. I guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree..

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My father played a lot of golf before I was born and I guess was pretty good. Apparently he had a shortish putt to win a club championship and missed it. He took his clubs and dumped them in pond near the hole and never picked up a club after that. I guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree..
Golf is the most frustrating sport to play because you have no one to blame but yourself. I had to play for years just to be bad at the game.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Golf is the only thing I've ever personally heard make a pastor cuss!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying