My girls taught a travel baseball team a lesson last night :^)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Ok, I'm trying to understand whats all being boasted about. Are you saying give the pro FP pitchers no practice at pitching from a baseball mound and they will light pro hitters up?

This was in response to a post suggesting that if you gave MLB players some practice sessions they would light up a FP pitcher. So I guess the premise is that a MLB player has enough athletic ability to learn to hit a FP pitcher?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This was in response to a post suggesting that if you gave MLB players some practice sessions they would light up a FP pitcher. So I guess the premise is that a MLB player has enough athletic ability to learn to hit a FP pitcher?

My opinion, which is my own of course, if you made it serious and worth while and not some demo fun day of a pro hitter trying to hit every Fp pitch over the fence, I think a good pro hitter could adjust and hit a good FP pitcher well.
The other way around, I dont think a good pro FP player would be able to adjust to being able to hit a good pro pitcher well.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My opinion, which is my own of course, if you made it serious and worth while and not some demo fun day of a pro hitter trying to hit every Fp pitch over the fence, I think a good pro hitter could adjust and hit a good FP pitcher well.
The other way around, I dont think a good pro FP player would be able to adjust to being able to hit a good pro pitcher well.

Why? What attributes would the top hitters from the NPF lack that would preclude them from being successful against MLB pitching?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I've always thought MLB was missing a good opportunity for a good charity promotion. Perhaps after the playoffs a MLB team play the women's USA team and a portion of the proceeds go to breast cancer. Should be good PR for both sides and their sports.

Would the field dimensions of the BB stadium be too much of a disadvantage to the women?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Why? What attributes would the top hitters from the NPF lack that would preclude them from being successful against MLB pitching?

First is strength. Do you think the pro FP players are going to be able to swing 32+ ounce bats that fast? Because no way a 23 or 24oz small barrell bat is doing the job hitting a baseball well.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Probably the same 'attributes' that prevent most males from playing MLB they are not good enough against the best pitchers in the world. JMHO.

Sep 21, 2011
Fastpitch softball pitchers facing baseball hitters in exhibitions is fun but it doesn't prove anything. I play in a men's fastpitch league that is made up mostly of ex- high school and college baseball players. Almost everyone struggles at hitting when they first start playing in the league. But after a while they get used to the different pitching and hit like usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi