Most obnoxious parent

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
A bit off topic, but I'm curious how you feel about booing the pitcher on a throw over to first base in MLB? It's one of my true joys in life and I have no idea why. I imagine most people find it obnoxious, I however love it. I think I enjoy the absurdity of it.

I also have no idea why your post made me think of that.....................and I swear I haven't started drinking yet.
Depends on when they do it. Most fans have no idea when a throw over is appropriate so they just boo every time :LOL:

Aug 23, 2016
The parents on DD's team were accused of being obnoxious for cheering on a player who was playing in a friendly as a tryout for DD's team. I guess her parents thought we were supposed to be silent because we didn't know her or something? I don't know.

Jan 14, 2021
Obnoxious dad always nagging his daughter to make adjustments or giving swing cues each pitch...once pulled her from game to "watch from the truck" after watching a third strike...

Oct 4, 2018
A bit off topic, but I'm curious how you feel about booing the pitcher on a throw over to first base in MLB? It's one of my true joys in life and I have no idea why. I imagine most people find it obnoxious, I however love it. I think I enjoy the absurdity of it.

I also have no idea why your post made me think of that.....................and I swear I haven't started drinking yet.

Hah. I'm not sure. I've certainly never witnessed it.

Grown men getting paid millions to play a game? I'm generally fine with heckling. And enjoy some of it myself, for players I dislike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi