Most obnoxious parent

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Obnoxious parents are also the ones who always “volunteer” to tell you how great their dd is when that info is unsolicited.

Apr 28, 2014
To me, the most obnoxious parents are the ones who are silent the whole game except for when their dd is up to bat, is pitching, or makes a play. Not only are they just cheering for their kid, but they are screaming at the top of their lungs, so you know they aren’t cheering for other players just because they are quiet and shy.

When I was a head coach, one of our pitchers’ dads would constantly yell out to his kid, “Not your fault honey, your fielders need to have your back” if she was getting hit hard and the balls were not playable. He was a peach.

D.S????????

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
To me, the most obnoxious parents are the ones who are silent the whole game except for when their dd is up to bat, is pitching, or makes a play. Not only are they just cheering for their kid, but they are screaming at the top of their lungs, so you know they aren’t cheering for other players just because they are quiet and shy.

When I was a head coach, one of our pitchers’ dads would constantly yell out to his kid, “Not your fault honey, your fielders need to have your back” if she was getting hit hard and the balls were not playable. He was a peach.

DD was a pitcher on a team with 2 pitcher parents like this. One always yelled at the ump about the strike zone - obnoxiously - when their kid was pitching. The other one constant complained out loud when errors were made in the field when their kid was pitching. Both were quiet as a church mouse when their respective kids weren’t pitching. Their kids are mini versions of them. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all pans out in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD was a pitcher on a team with 2 pitcher parents like this. One always yelled at the ump about the strike zone - obnoxiously - when their kid was pitching. The other one constant complained out loud when errors were made in the field when their kid was pitching. Both were quiet as a church mouse when their respective kids weren’t pitching. Their kids are mini versions of them. I’m looking forward to seeing how it all pans out in college.

The assumption you're making is they get that far. Most college coaches I know would watch these parents and players during a game, see how they act and turn around and walk away.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
The assumption you're making is they get that far. Most college coaches I know would watch these parents and players during a game, see how they act and turn around and walk away.

This is a case where recruiting through AGL has worked in these kids’ favor. Coaches are basing recruitment decisions based off of limited information. I’m waiting for one kid to give up her first HR in college, point to the coach and tell him/her that “she put the ball where they called it” to see how that goes over.

Jun 24, 2019
Just saw it this weekend.... a parent pulled out her DD in the middle of a game cause of a “bad” call from blue.... they were down 7 amd our girls were batting.... they that parent started cussing to our parents lol F..... and F..... that and Fu alll and thanks to us you guys are going to the ship......🙄

Oct 4, 2018
Pet Peeves:

1. Only cheering for your kid
2. Yelling "Safe" for your kid on every single play, regardless of how obviously out she was
3. Thinking that a FC is a hit

More to come...

May 21, 2018
Pet Peeves:

1. Only cheering for your kid
2. Yelling "Safe" for your kid on every single play, regardless of how obviously out she was
3. Thinking that a FC is a hit

More to come...

A bit off topic, but I'm curious how you feel about booing the pitcher on a throw over to first base in MLB? It's one of my true joys in life and I have no idea why. I imagine most people find it obnoxious, I however love it. I think I enjoy the absurdity of it.

I also have no idea why your post made me think of that.....................and I swear I haven't started drinking yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles