Most obnoxious parent

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2019
Let’s hear some good stories of most obnoxious parent behavior you’ve seen.

my 2:

Last year we had one of the mothers bring a megaphone which sounded like a police siren and she would sound the siren every time our pitchers would record a strike out—-it should be noted that it was not only used in tight games, she would use it whether we were 10 runs up or 10 runs down which made it worse. Eventually she was told to discontinue its use.

also, we played vs a coach who every time the opposing team would make an error he would go into curly from three stooges mode and yell out Woob Woob Woob Woob Woob. It usually resulted in the other team getting quite upset and retaliating with similar behavior.

May 27, 2013
To me, the most obnoxious parents are the ones who are silent the whole game except for when their dd is up to bat, is pitching, or makes a play. Not only are they just cheering for their kid, but they are screaming at the top of their lungs, so you know they aren’t cheering for other players just because they are quiet and shy.

When I was a head coach, one of our pitchers’ dads would constantly yell out to his kid, “Not your fault honey, your fielders need to have your back” if she was getting hit hard and the balls were not playable. He was a peach.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Parents who have their kid switch teams every year, or every season. Because you know, level up. My kid is going pro.
Sometimes you have to "Level up" when the current coach has reached the end of his play book. DD didn't change EVERY year but in the beginning she did. She was on 3 from 8th-12th and the second to the last was because her coach passed away.

Jul 31, 2015
Sometimes you have to "Level up" when the current coach has reached the end of his play book. DD didn't change EVERY year but in the beginning she did. She was on 3 from 8th-12th and the second to the last was because her coach passed away.

Oh, I'm so sorry. That's terrible.

Yeah, my snarky answer was more related to baseball, where obnoxious parent behavior is the norm.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
I was coaching 3rd when I realized Mom was at the side of the backstop telling her DD what to swing at and when. DD got hit in the ankle by a pitch in the dirt (10U), Mom rushed to home plate to console said DD and then DEMANDED that the pitcher apologize to her daughter. Pitcher looked at her in disbelief and then fired a fastball (10U) at Mom's head. (OK, so not really but it would have saved me the hassle of tossing Mom off the field. Too bad, too, because the daughter had potential.) 😁

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Oh, I'm so sorry. That's terrible.

Yeah, my snarky answer was more related to baseball, where obnoxious parent behavior is the norm.
I almost laughed when I re-read my post. I didn't mean death by "reached the end of their playbook" I was referring to the end of their ability to train my DD. Unfortunately, in the case of Coach LaRezza he did pass away and he was no where near the end of his playbook..

Dec 2, 2019
The parent of the girl that's been struggling all fall hitting. She starts hitting in the last tournament on a Saturday and he goes and buys her a new bat Saturday night that's too big because he didn't think she was hitting the ball hard enough on Saturday. She never touched a ball on Sunday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28